So what do you think of Toonamis new lineup?

Topic started by LuffyDUzumaki on May 21, 2012. Last post by LifeByDegrees 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Dream:  I don't think your being picky I agree with you this block might be useless because it on too late I think it should be intended for the younger generation since our generation pretty much know where and how to find it without saying "Damn I have to wait until it comes on again." Since they don't have enough money I'll support it until they move to CN thats when the real change will come.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@linainverselover:

Still, that just a few people. I really doubt that if someone have limited internet they won't have cable to watch it

Post by takashichea (14,306 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@LuffyDUzumaki:

I already posted a blog for it. Thanks anyways, I'm psyched for the dub version.

@takashichea:  Oh OK thanks I'm psyched too.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Not impressed. Like I said in another thread, this looks like the same old Saturday night anime block they've been running for years, but now CN is calling it "Toonami" in hopes to grabbing a few more ratings points from nostalgia. But, it's not the Toonami we remember at all. I don't see any reason to stay up late to catch this new iteration. I'll probably check out some of the first show, but this is not going to be regular viewing for me. It's just not compelling enough.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Destinyheroknight said:

they need to air new shows that isn't online

you mean they have to use magic? there is no such thing as a show/movie/comercial/app/serial/crack/etc that isn't online, they are all, with no exception, there in either direct downloads, P2P, Torrent, live stream, or regular stream.

Online Now

@Killer_of_trolls:

Ok, can you get me the new episode of Young Justice that haven't air on TV yet. (You probably can't, can you?)

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Instead of playing old replays of animes that they've played in the pass they should put in something new in... Not saying any of the animes are bad (I've seen all of them especially Cowboy Bebop <3)... Though they really need to take off FMA, Bleach highly unlikely.... They should put in Naruto since Disney failed to finish Shippuden (Wasn't getting enough views I think) or One Piece, anything else than repeats of the same thing... -.- It'll all eventually get boring.
Post by linainverselover (10 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@TheNobody said:

Instead of playing old replays of animes that they've played in the pass they should put in something new in... Not saying any of the animes are bad (I've seen all of them especially Cowboy Bebop <3)... Though they really need to take off FMA, Bleach highly unlikely.... They should put in Naruto since Disney failed to finish Shippuden (Wasn't getting enough views I think) or One Piece, anything else than repeats of the same thing... -.- It'll all eventually get boring.

FMA is Brotherhood though and is only their second run of it...since its popular it only makes sense to atleast air it one more time through.Bleach is ongoing still for english watchers so that naturally would stay also.i do agree that the rest of the lineup has to go since Bebop and Ghost in the Shell have had way to many full runs to remember and would be a better use of time for something else.

@Destinyheroknight: DHK, listen to yourself, you know very-well that's irrelevant, there are many sites that upload these things shortly after they air, some even less than an hour(I measured), people today have tivo and tv recording equipment(so even the quality is gonna be good). and there are in fact rare occasions when an ep is leaked, the first ep of korra was online in the previous week of it's airing. most people today(including who have cable) use TV for console gaming alone. let's also be greatfull for the for those fansub teams who give us the a subbed version before the official one is released.

may Pipa, Sopa shomopa or what ever they call themseves be destroyed

Online Now

@Killer_of_trolls:

there is no such thing as a show/movie/comercial/app/serial/crack/etc that isn't online, they are all, with no exception

You the one who better listen to yourself

Korra wasn't leaked, Nick is the one who put it out

Killer_of_trolls is correct though. while yes we can't time travel into the future so uploading stuff before it even exists is quite the trick about everything else that is dubbed and or subbed can be found online someplace. so like i said before...unless they dubbed some forgotten anime(which most are from the 90's or older) which i'd highly doubt since it would be dated by today's standards(especially the older then the 90's ones) and only very,very few from more recent years have been ignored and even then most of those are aimed at children...not the viewers of adultswim or even toonami. so overall anything that would qualify being in the lineup are already subbed,dubbed or so old they wouldn't even consider making a dub for it now and the ones that are dubbed or subbed you can easily locate online.

Online Now

@linainverselover:

But if they have an anime studio that make an anime for Toonami or use a new cartoon that they already showing (like Young Justice or Thunder Cats), that would make Toonami more attracted to other viewers and get more people to watch it. (remember that Toonami didn't just show anime)

well a anime studio wouldn't be making a anime just for the US...that generally makes no sense. while cartoons have a chance sure but also have to realize this is the only day when anime is even on at that time of the day and its cartoons every other day of the week so that would have very little benefit to add a regular cartoons to the lineup unless they let anime on during the rest of the week again like in the old days....the toonami block is more so fanservice to us anime fans since can watch adultswim's cartoons the rest of the week but this was our night for anime.

Online Now

@linainverselover:

well a anime studio wouldn't be making a anime just for the US...that generally makes no sense

Well, it can be possible. Look what Madhouse did, they created an anime for X-men, Iron man, Blade & Wolverine (so it could happen)

while cartoons have a chance sure but also have to realize this is the only day when anime is even on at that time of the day and its cartoons every other day of the week so that would have very little benefit to add a regular cartoons to the lineup unless they let anime on during the rest of the week again like in the old days

But they will attract more different viewers and might get them to watch anime. Like what happen to my friend in the old days, he wasn't into anime. But when he watch Toonami for Thunder Cats (the old series) he begin to get into anime because of DBZ was right after it. So it wouldn't be useless if it attract more viewers

the toonami block is more so fanservice to us anime fans since can watch adultswim's cartoons the rest of the week but this was our night for anime.

That the problem, Toonami can't rely on nostalgia. They need to get other people to watch it

@linainverselover: I agree with the dubbing idea. aspecially, some animes that were never subbed/dubbed not even by fans. I pitty who ever didn't watch shows like Tiger-Mask and flaming strike, thank god they were dubbed to arabic so I can watch it growing up.

and those where subbed looooong before they even made it stateside so thats a utter failure and would be no different.

that has little to do with anything though...if it was something someone really wasn't interested in they would just change the channel..most aren't that lazy to keep something on they have no interest in and wouldn't attract more viewers due to the time of day since your not trying to change a kid or teen for the most part but adults and they are generally harder to get to try something totally new and if they know they don't like something they won't watch it.

thats not nostalgia at all...like i stated...saturday has been adultswim's ONLY day for anime..so its not nostalgia at all...minus TOM anyway...the rest of it is just classic adultswim anime night like it has been for years now..all they did here was really give it a name/brand that one can recognize it as instead of just knowing anime is on that one night on adultswim.

so in otherwords they aren't trying to get new viewers really but to get the ones from their popular series to watch the others instead of just focusing on lets say Bleach then tune off

@linainverselover: lol, I forgot about about the topic. I didn't mean toonami, I was talking generally. there are some animes I would like to see in english, that's all what I said.

@Killer_of_trolls: lol,i didn't even see your comment after i posted..sorry about that..will answer that now.

yeah,i'd fully support dubbing of older series also but i just don't think they would gamble on it sadly...frankly i'm still amazed Sentai released fully subbed dvd's for Ghost Sweeper Mikami in 2010/2011 considering it was a 90's anime that was never subbed or dubbed in english so was indeed a very nice treat that i'd wish they would do more often.never watched them myself since only know english...i've never even heard of Flaming Strike and even looking it up i'm coming up with nothing O.o...but it must be nice to know other languages so can get a more diverse range of stuff to watch ^^.

its fine,i can totally understand that also and answered accordingly..but that would indeed be the way to get watchers but so many people refuse to watch older stuff in this day and age it would probably hurt them and that pains me >.<...like some people i've talked to online even the age i am that grew up on some 90's anime they now refuse to watch them because they don't look as nice as the new ones....

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel