So is GT officially non-canon now?

Topic started by ImDictatorBowDown on March 6, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,756 posts) See mini bio Level 12

As the new DBZ movie is coming out, Goku is supposedly supposed to acquire a new super saiyan form (Super Saiyan God), this would directly contradict GT's SSJ4 as the level above SSJ3 and it may be that Akira simply wants to write over GT and act like it never happened, but as the movie has yet to come out it is merely speculation at this point, but if it stands then people can officially declare GT bullshit, which I hope happens.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Yeah, pretty much. Although as I understand it, the Dragon Ball MMO is largely considered a canon continuation of Dragon Ball Z (it's set many years after DBZ, where Namekians and Majins also populate the Earth) and that also acts like GT never happened.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

GT never was canon to begin with.

Post by othus12 (6,660 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i never considered gt canon

Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I don't understand why God mode and SSJ4 can't exist in the same time. God mode can be considered as the level beyond SSJ4 or simply that after SSJ3 Goku can choose what level he wants to take (SSJ4 or God mode).

I like GT and I don't want it to be like it never happened.

Post by Sonata (35,328 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@othus12 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

This has always been my mind set, Except that I try to deny its existence.:)

@Sonata: What about Evolution?? LOL!

@DBZ_universe said:

What is this..Evolution you speak of?:P

@bigz007 said:

I don't understand why God mode and SSJ4 can't exist in the same time. God mode can be considered as the level beyond SSJ4 or simply that after SSJ3 Goku can choose what level he wants to take (SSJ4 or God mode).

While none of us can say for sure until we see the movie, it just doesn't really make logical sense to have two forms past Super Saiyan 3, and not even mention the God form in GT, let alone use it. Unless it's a one-time form that Goku can't access after the movie, but I doubt that.

I like GT and I don't want it to be like it never happened.

You don't have to, just consider it a spin-off, rather than part of the main story, which is arguably what it's always been anyway.

@Sonata said:

@DBZ_universe said:

What is this..Evolution you speak of?:P

I do not know either, I heard it from somewhere and I thought you would know... but I guess we will never know what Evolution is.

@DBZ_universe: There are rumors swirling that it would make  great pizza cutter.

@Daniel_Newton said:

While none of us can say for sure until we see the movie, it just doesn't really make logical sense to have two forms past Super Saiyan 3, and not even mention the God form in GT, let alone use it. Unless it's a one-time form that Goku can't access after the movie, but I doubt that.

Well of course it's not mentioned, it's not like there is a manual about how to use saiyan skills. Someone must reach a certain level of power or a new form to be able to talk about it, and in most of the cases Goku was the one who gets those new forms first. I guess he will be surprised when he reaches that God mode.

@bigz007 said:

Well of course it's not mentioned, it's not like there is a manual about how to use saiyan skills.

No, I meant how the God form isn't mentioned in GT, which is set years after the new movie. It wouldn't make sense for Goku to have his God form and never mention it or use it in GT. That's why people are saying this movie makes GT officially non-canon.

@Daniel_Newton: Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess we will have to wait for the movie to see, maybe there is an explanation.

@Sonata: More like a dog brush IMO and there is also a cat litter that is called "The last air bender"....

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@DBZ_universe said:

In my head before entering this is the EXACT sentence I was going to say.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,896 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe said:

@othus12 said:

Post by nishi99 (1,658 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Toriyama didn't make that nightmare of a series so i don't know why any real DB/DBZ fan would consider it canon.

Post by taichokage (12,947 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yes. You can think of it as an alternate reality now.

@nishi99 said:

Toriyama didn't make that nightmare of a series so i don't know why any real DB/DBZ fan would consider it canon.

Only those who have never read the manga considers GT canon actually.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel