So I just started watching Milky Holmes the other day...

Topic started by sickVisionz on July 19, 2011. Last post by Marshal Victory 1 year ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,261 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I usually like almost anything J.C. Staff puts out but I never got around to checking this series out when it was simulcasting. I started watching a few episodes over the weekend and this show is seriously funny. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. It's like a mix of two anime comedies that I love love love to death:

Zettai Karen Children

It's got the super cute look of this series, the super powers slant, mild action, and ridiculous bad guys to boot. It's also got some of the perviness that this series had, but MH definitely kicks it up a notch, although it's still PG-13 material.

Pani Poni Dash

The wackiness and zaniness of it reminds me a lot of Pani Poni Dash. There's not a single shred of realism in almost anything that happens in the show and if there's a chance to do a gag, they take it without regard to anything else.

I'm pretty hooked on it now and have barreled through like 3 episodes today and am will probably watch another one or two before I goto bed. If you're into zany comedies with cute aesthetics and a healthy serving of crude humor, I'd definitely say to check Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. You can check out on Crunchyroll as of right now.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,131 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Just watched 1st season .Have to say its a great show.I can say with out a doubt its a anime bugs buny would enjoy.A nice mix of slap stick comedy an runing gags.

Post by sickVisionz (4,261 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Marshal Victory: If you like the ridiculousness of it, you have to watch season 2. It's just nonsense. Pure nonsense. They took everything I liked about season 1 (the girl's personality quirks and the overall craziness of all the characters/story) and cranked them up to a ridiculous degree. I don't know where it's streaming at but if you can find it somewhere, definitely check it out.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,131 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@sickVisionz: Started season 2 right after i posted actualy .Im not a big chiba fan but when the do it in this show i dont mind.It reminds me of sevrial shows Hayate the Combat Butler season one an 2 actualy >Fairly sure J.C.Staff did it then as well.Also think any one who liked Binbogami ga! would enjoy Tantei Opera Milky Holmes .

Started watching the 1st season because summer 2013 has little for me tastes but i seen a 3rd season of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes an thoguht It had to be fairly decent.Very happy to say its a great series.The ova fits either in the 1st series or tween 1 an 2 .Good stuff threw an threw.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel