Slice of Vice: Daily Life Edition

Topic started by gia on March 11, 2009. Last post by transgojobot 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Ugh, slow news days are sloooow! Luckily yesterday was pretty packed. In the meantime, I thought I'd tell you guys about my favorite "daily use" anime swag-- the stuff that's always with me, as opposed to my special treasures.

Do YOU have any swag in your daily life? And a corollary question: do you think people can tell you're a geek by looking? Share in the comments!
Post by Sillyfaerie (13 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Well, the only (non-poster) swag I have is a Rozen Maiden Traumen folder which is among my gaming development folders holding loose note sheets of stuff I'm working on. This of course is part of my standard knapsack  load-out to and from work every day. (I carry it pressed safely between a couple of other large folders to keep it in good condition. . .)
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I have a key chain a few wallpapers on my mobile and also a few buttons from Gundam, DB and Azumanga on my bag that`s about it XD
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
It's sort of unfortunate but it's really not obvious at all that I'm a nerd to anyone unless they're a nerd too and know what to look for.

For example, how many people in public would catch the awesome reference here? -->: (btw, the words on the back say "trace on")
Heck, I know people that have seen the anime of what that's from and still didn't catch on.
Most of my public power level is pretty much limited to T-shirts. The only other thing people might catch on to is if my phone goes off, because I have Caramelldansen as my video ring tone.
I guess to some degree my laptop might count, but the only way you'd be able to tell is from the typical stuff like my desktop background...not stickers on the case or anything.

Though, according to nearly all my friends, apparently I compensate for that by having super-high-and-low frequency hearing with a specific acuity for certain words such as "Gundam", "mecha", certain popular series names, and "Heero" being whispered within a five mile radius...
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Haruhi T-shirt, anime backround on my phone and Evangelion (Cruel Angel's Thesis) theme as my ringtone.
  But I'm nerdy in so many ways.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't wear anything out of the ordinary that screams "geeky nerd alert!" I wear fairly fashionable stuff if I do say so myself. I only own one dorky t-shirt and that's a 1-Up mushroom bought in Nintendo World. My average outfit looks boring (jeans/shorts with a t-shirt and matching colored Converse) or if I feel dressy, then I have lots of "preppy clothes." My go-to bag is my Converse bag with a mini Converse keychain on the zipper. My a bit fancier purse is my Coach ones.

But lessee what's dorky... I tend to bring a manga volume everywhere I go if that counts as anything. That's only if I have to go on some type of public transportation.

My sexy red Blackberry Curve has this background:

Too lazy to Photoshop my background on that stock image but you get the picture.
My phone also has the ringer set to Sorairo Days by Shoko Nakagawa (Gurren Lagann OP). My text message ring is the theme song from Patapon 2.

I also lug my PSP around because that thing never leaves my side. EVER.

On my school backpack I have two keychains: Lavi and Allen art keychain (d.gray-man) bought from a year at Artist Alley (Fanime) and Fay/Fye/Fai/whatever-is-his-name-is from Tsubasa.

I think that's it. I used to use my Hello Kitty messenger bag with lots of anime pins but I don't really like it that much anymore.

Post by charmanderomega (12 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i have a tengen toppa gurren lagann sweat shirt. my ring tone is the second naruto opening. and i have a goku and eva unit 1 keychain
Post by DJTyrant (118 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Keychains are mine currently, with an Anime Expo 2007 keychain, BlizzCon and Strong Bad keychain (1 out of 3 ain't bad?).

Also my iPhone 9/10 times has an anime background and I have a few anime t-shirts.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I have nothing currently except for anime episodes/pictures/music/games I have on my PSP.

I would like to have a few T-shirts. Subtle and simple looking, but identifiable.

i.e. Maybe a plain white T-shirt with a little SOS-dan logo on the top left of it.

The gurren-dan logo could go on anything. Anything.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Messenger bag with Zeon patches (old strap had buttons before it broke off)
Gad Guard hat for cold weather (like today)
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention lanyard as a key chain
Gundam wallpaper for cell phone
Cell phone ringtones:
incoming calls: Ranka's Nyan Nyan song
texts: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers communicator
picture texts: MMPR Green Ranger's dragon flute
alarms: Kamen Rider Kiva's Kivat "Wake Up!"
Super Sonic theme, Sonic 2

Anime shirts (MTSU Anime Club shirt shown)

Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
On my phone, I just have Ryu's "Shoryuken!" for incoming text, and CAPCOM's "Game Select/Start" jingle for outgoing text.

No anime themed walls or ringtones though, even though I made some. They just aren't as catchy as A Tribe Called Quest's "Footprints".

Now, if I could figure out a way to keep stickers stuck to my messenger bag w/o 'em looking terrible, I'd still have GO!GO!7188 advertised for all the world to see.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel