Slice of Vice: Cosplay Part II

Topic started by gia on March 17, 2009. Last post by Slim 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Today, Arika and I discussed what fabrics to use in cosplay-- which is way more interesting than you might think.

Also, there's a sneak preview for the next video at the end!

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Satin is Satan (aka that shiny fabric stuff). I've yet to see a costume that looks cool with satin.

When I look for fabrics, I wander aimlessly around JoAnns. If I see a potential one, I'll put the bolt in the cart and walk around some more. If I see another one that might potentially work, I start feeling for the stretch and durability of the fabric depending on the project. If I can't find anything, I look at my handy dandy sewing book guide The Complete Book of Sewing New Edition (DK Publishing). That book has been a god sent gift. <3 I then ask a worker where to locate whatever fabric I'm looking for.

What version of Sheryl are you cosplaying?
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
BOBBIN-THREADING FUCK YEAH

Also +1 for Macross.
Post by Sillyfaerie (13 posts) See mini bio Level 1
It's time for a montage!
A costume making montage!
You gotta have a montage. . .

Post by brushfire0 (20 posts) See mini bio Level 2
RedRoses said:
"Satin is Satan (aka that shiny fabric stuff). I've yet to see a costume that looks cool with satin.

When I look for fabrics, I wander aimlessly around JoAnns. If I see a potential one, I'll put the bolt in the cart and walk around some more. If I see another one that might potentially work, I start feeling for the stretch and durability of the fabric depending on the project. If I can't find anything, I look at my handy dandy sewing book guide The Complete Book of Sewing New Edition (DK Publishing). That book has been a god sent gift. <3 I then ask a worker where to locate whatever fabric I'm looking for.
"
Like I mentioned in the video I don't like satin (it is Satan), but I will make an exception for low sheen casa satin. And satin used on only small parts of a costume i.e the lining of a cape, or decor on a skirt.
And I think you're very right to shop that way, I do it too sometimes. I'm lucky to have the Fabric Depot near by so I have a lot more options than a JoAnns would usually have.
Post by Feral_Nova (1,863 posts) See mini bio Level 12
WHOA! Awesome! :D Cant wait to see how it turns out! ^^
Post by Slim (238 posts) See mini bio Level 3
THE CUTTING!!!!!
THE BOBBING!!!
THE DRAMA THAT YOUR MOMMA ISN'T AROUND TO DO IT FOR YOU!!

,,, oh, and I think Arika is HOT!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel