Seiyuu Go Punk on Cover CD

Topic started by gia on Feb. 10, 2009. Last post by Count_Zero 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Mikuru Asahina's Yuko Goto singing “Smells Like Teen Spirit”? Nurse Witch Komugi seiyuu Hako Mmoi as Blondie? “Anarchy in the UK” as sung by Chii's Rie Tanaka? Lain seiyuu Kaori Shimizu covering the Ramones? Yes, PLEASE! Tokyo Graph reports that these voice actresses and more are taking part in a punk cover CD titled "Pankore ~voice actresses' legendary punk songs collection~" and going on sale in Japan on February 25.

The CD features 12 tracks total, including the ones mentioned above. I don't know about you, but I'm seriously thinking of importing myself a copy...'cause that's just awesome. (Even if calling Nirvana “punk” seems a little odd.)

EDIT: I went and found the Amazon.co.jp listing for the CD and got a full track list for you:

1. Halko Momoi, "Sex and Violence" (The Exploited)

2. Haruna Ikezawa (KimiKiss's Mao-chan), "Basket Case" (Green Day)

3. Kaori Shimizu, "White Riot" (The Clash)

4. Mai Kadowaki (Fate/Stay Night's Ilya), "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)" (Offspring)

5. Rie Tanaka, "Anarchy in the UK" (Sex Pistols)

6. Yuko Goto, "London's Burning" (The Clash)

7. Halko Momoi, "Call Me" (Blondie)

8. Haruna Ikezawa, "God Save the Queen" (Sex Pistols)

9. Kaori Shimizu, "Blitzkrieg Pop" (The Ramones)

10. Mai Kadowaki, "Search and Destroy" (Iggy & The Stooges)

11. Rie Tanaka, "Ruby Soho" (Rancid)

12. Yuko Goto, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana)

Unfortunately, I haven't found any sample clipse to go with it. Alas...

Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I would like to hear Yuko Goto singing again.
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I thouyght Yuko Goto does not consider herself a singer I wouyld however love to hear her take on smells like teen spirit considering I can't even understand it in english ^_^;;;
yue, she's kind of gone back and forth. I remember at Expo duringone interview she said she wasn't a singer, and then during the concert event she joked that she was just being a bad singer because Mikuru would be a bad singer. =P

That said, yeah, if there's any song you don't have to be able to sing in order to sing, it's Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'm really interested in how it sounds!
Post by MorpheusDreamweaver (93 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I'm almost ready to import this for the novelty value. I have the feeling it would turn out to be a "listen once" experience, so I'm going to try to let fiscal prudence win. :)
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
As a big punk fan i'm looking forward to this, especially how "Blitzkrieg Bop" turns out. Let's hope for the best.

Also, It's "Anarchy in the UK", not USA :P
Haha, awhoops. Brainographical error, thanks Rose ;)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap~~~~~ I grew up with most of these songs (yeah why is a youngster listening to "Sex and Violence" and that kinda stuff) but wow I'm super stoked for this CD. It'll give me this odd sensation of nostalgia and WTFness. <3
Post by omo (113 posts) See mini bio Level 2
It's going to be a shocker. Hoping at least a couple won't disappoint, and at least a couple won't disappoint on the other end of QUALITY scale!
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm definitely going to give this a listen (and I will be requesting that iTunes try to get this in the US music store, so I can save myself a bit of expense on importing, if possible)

I wonder, if this does well, will we see more albums like this. Say, various Seyuu's doing Prog rock (Pink Floyd, Rush, Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake & Palmer, etc.) for instance?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel