Scooby and the Gang as Anime

Topic started by gia on Jan. 1, 2009. Last post by Slinger 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I'm sure many of you have, like myself, stayed awake at night just dreaming that there were a Scooby Doo anime and/or manga. Right?

...Right?

Well, anyway, I stumbled on a couple of pics on a message board depicting the Scooby gang as if they were figments of a Japanese animation rather than Hanna-Barbera's, and since it's been such a slow day I thought you might enjoy them. (And, as a quick bonus, a Winnie the Pooh anime design, because it's so awesome.) If you know the artists for any of these let me know so I can credit them properly. EDIT: RedRoses identified the artist and color-er of the first image (click the links for the DeviantArt pages).

So what western cartoons would you enjoy seeing as an anime?

Scooby and the Gang (c)osy057
Scooby and the Gang (c)osy057
Complete with monsters now
Complete with monsters now
So cute! Though Winnie has suddenly become Strong Bad...
So cute! Though Winnie has suddenly become Strong Bad...

Post by DarkShaper (76 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Those are really cool, nice find
I would love to see classic cartoons ( Tom and Jerry, ect.) as anime, that would be funny.
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Haha I like the pictures
Post by Disco (364 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Velma looks better than Daph in the second picture

that's not supposed to happen
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I know the first Scooby Doo pic! I saw it on deviantart.

*checks*
The drawer is:
http://osy057.deviantart.com/
The colorer... (uhh whatever the word is for someone who colors) is:
http://izaru.deviantart.com/

Original link to colored image:
http://izaru.deviantart.com/art/osy057-s-Scooby-Doo-colored-35809198
Post by Zorn (131 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Lol, the characters of Scooby Doo look more interesting.
RedRoses: Excellent, thanks! *goes to update*
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Manga Scooby Doo...oh man.  If only...

I've been watching lots of Scooby Doo lately as Lil' G-Girl really digs it.  I would so buy this.  In a limited edition hardcover format even.
GMan: Does she like A Pup Named Scooby Doo? I always loved that one. As well as the original, of course.

I watched 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, but mostly just because Vincent Price owns my soul. (Literally. Long story...)
Staff
Being the collectionist I am, we do have the DVD for that (1st season I think).  She liked it.  We basically have been going in order from the first season and she only watches a couple shows on the weekend.  I think we left off on Season 3.  Lately she's been into Secret Saturdays, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Clone Wars (all on Cartoon Network) and the original Speed Racer.  I do get her the Scooby comic that DC puts out.  Just the other day, she and her cousin watched the (pretty bad) live-action movie again.  Oh and she's at the age that she likes Scrappy too (I downloaded episodes onto my iPod when we drove down to Disneyland).
PA-HUPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PA-HOWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Ohh, Scrappy.

Also, I was just talking to someone else who was at Disneyland-- today, even. I haven't been in years. I'm dying to go on the Finding Nemo submarine ride! I remember it being just a submarine ride with mermaids and stuff when I was little. @_@
Staff
I hear "Let me at 'em, let me at 'em" occasionally.  The funny thing is Scrappy was the villain in the movie.  Oops.  Hope I didn't ruin it for anyone.  I told her that wasn't the real Scrappy.

The Finding Nemo ride was okay.  There's usually a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge line.  When we went in November, it wasn't too packed.  The second day we went towards that first while the line was pretty much nil.
Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
This actually looks pretty cooll
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
check out Shaggy, nice picture
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 5
the monsters are great!
Post by zhinse (5 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Hey that scooby doo one looks pretty kewl. But if you want a scooby doo like story, persona 4 gots you covered
Post by Jane_Audron (10 posts) See mini bio Level 1
cool
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Where the hell is Scrappy?
Post by VioletteDragoon (448 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Nerx said:
"Where the hell is Scrappy?"
Scrappy sucks.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Haha, oh wow, that's awesome :3

Especially Eeyore in the third pic <3
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel