saint seiya the lost canvas anime sucks

Topic started by SilverGalford on Feb. 20, 2011. Last post by TheRedRose 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
what do you think about this? i like saint seiya , the original was so great but now  i just watched one episode, i wonder what happened?

Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@SilverGalford: Well one should never  judge by one eps. 

lost canvas has little to do with the original its not made by the same person and those not try to stick  to the canon and in my opinion is the leaser of the manges ep G and the original but its enjoyable for what it is. 

Not that  would expect much from someone like you but its always best to watch more then a single ep to say that it sucks.  
Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Not that  would expect much from someone like you but its always best to watch more then a single ep to say that it sucks.  
at least the old design looked so good. 
@SilverGalford: actually  going just by animation it far surpasses   the original and most other anime.
Post by Mezmero (69 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Saint Seiya is in fact great so the fact that they did a prequel spin-off that doesn't have a protagonist named Seiya is already a red flag.  Sadly I lost interest within about 5 episodes.  Admittedly there were a handful of things that intrigued me for instance seeing both Dohko and Shion in their hay day as well as knowing just what the hell the big holy war was all about before the time frame of the original show.  It's quite hard to pinpoint what exactly turned me off to the remainder of this series run but if I had to pick one thing it would be the distinct lack of punches.  It's (almost) all punches damn it!  If they wanted to bring back this series they should shoot for a reboot tied closer to the original comic.  As awesomely violent as things got in that show it apparently gets far more savage on the manga pages.
@Mezmero: I think you would really like episode G. 

As for bringing back the series I think LC has done a good job of that it seems to be the most popular of the series. 

Its those not really try to be close to the canon in fact the way  temma  Dohko and Shion meat is  deferent from how it went in next dimension.  

As for why did you not like it one of the reason why I do not is that the show is very very   shounen a few step over the HST.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I very much agree. As someone who enjoyed the Hades Chapters, I was immensely disappointed with this. 

I very much agree. As someone who enjoyed the Hades Chapters, I was immensely disappointed with this.   

that's what i'm talking about 
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I too, was dissapointed. I was a regular fan of the Knights, I always thought it had a great plot and some decent to good characters. This really just crushed the classic, though that seems to be the new "thing" now with everything.
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
WTF The Lost Canvas was great, new animation, clearer abilities, it gives us a brief look on how Saint Seiya would actually look like if it had good animation. The plot kind of sucked, Alone was never Hades which was retarded because how the hell did he had all that power and had control over Hades specters. But the battles & all were great. The Gold Saints were awesome, Deathmask was depicted as a hero instead of a cowardly Villain, Taurus had more in the LC than the original which barely showed Taurus at all. Thanatos was bad a** and so was Hypnos. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel