RUMOR: DC/Shonen Jump Crossover!

Topic started by GomuGomuJyaku973 on May 2, 2014. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by GomuGomuJyaku973 (53 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I was on the net recently when I saw that a rumor was stated that DC Comics & Weekly Shonen Jump will be doing a crossover where Superman & Goku will finally meet. I take this with a planet sized cup full of salt but in case it is true I have but two questions to ask the vice community.

Q1.) What do you guys think about this idea?

Q2.) What other DC/Shonen Jump crossovers would you like to see?

Link - http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20873/20140501/superman-vs-goku.htm

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Never going to happen, because Shonen Jump don't like to crossover with other companies. Also if they was going to crossover, they will go to Marvel. Since Marvel making a bigger impact over in Japan

Post by Vapovile (2,000 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I also doubt that it is going to happen, since Jump doesn't even like to do crossovers with it's own brands. Other than Dragon Ball Z, I can't think of a single anime that blew up enough in the US to warrant Jump to think "let's go after this market more."

Would I want it to happen? Heck yeah! Do I think it will? Sadly, it's VERY unlikely.

@Vapovile said:

I also doubt that it is going to happen, since Jump doesn't even like to do crossovers with it's own brands. Other than Dragon Ball Z, I can't think of a single anime that blew up enough in the US to warrant Jump to think "let's go after this market more."

Would I want it to happen? Heck yeah! Do I think it will? Sadly, it's VERY unlikely.

Well there's m Yu-Gi-Oh! which I know for one was a pretty popular series especially with it's many spin off's. Yu Yu is know by most people, not as much as DBZ tho, Then you have Naruto & Bleach heads everywhere in the US so they have quite a few.

@Destinyheroknight said:

Never going to happen, because Shonen Jump don't like to crossover with other companies. Also if they was going to crossover, they will go to Marvel. Since Marvel making a bigger impact over in Japan

Do you prefer Marvel over DC, I don't know why but I just get that feeling lol

Post by flashback180 (675 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i call bs , there is no way they are ready to jump into hell fire by making a goku and superman face off .

i still remember screw attack losing nearly 40% of its subscribers because of that fight XD.

Post by taichokage (13,367 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I remember Wizard magazine did a Superman vs Goku fight. The possibility is there but I doubt this will happen any time soon. I'd personally love it though. Maybe a Justice League/ J Stars crossover.
Post by GrayWolf2 (330 posts) See mini bio Level 7

In all likelihood it will never happen. Personally I wouldn't want dragonball to crossover with them anyway. It'd be guaranteed to be westernized and the last time that happened we got Dragonball Evolution. Also, I think one of the major complaints about GT was that it was too western so, yeah. Keep western influence away from dragonball please. Probably the other ones as well. They're better with just crossing over with each other. If they want, do another Marvel/DC crossover and make it canon.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,196 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@GrayWolf2: that is is always happening , with out the western influence where would anime / manga be today . They need each other , it's a give and take type thing TBH

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

For comics I love intra company crossovers-i.e Infinity Gauntlet, Constantine and Swamp Thing, ect. I dont really like inter company crossovers (I.e Marvel vs DC) that much, because there generally meaningless and just about pandering to the audience. I do like it when other cartoons cross over tho. (I.e Yogi Bear and Scooby Do, Jettison and Flintstones)

For anime I cant really think of any crossovers I like. The only ones that come to mind are the horrible dbz/OP and dbz/OP/toriko ones. Theres also a Oreimo/Railgun LN crossover which seems like it could be fun, if rediculous. Theres also marvel and Capcom xovers of course as well as jump all stars.

But sj and dc will never xover.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@GomuGomuJyaku973:

I like them both

Post by takashichea (12,381 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@GomuGomuJyaku973:

I wait for the official news source like Anime News Network or Crunchyroll. Otherwise, fans will get hyped up and disappointed if it proves to be false news.

@SMXLR8: True very true. But, they both follow their own formula and certain characters don't work or feel right when following the other formula. Goku just isn't DC comic formula material. If that makes sense.

@GrayWolf2 said:

In all likelihood it will never happen. Personally I wouldn't want dragonball to crossover with them anyway. It'd be guaranteed to be westernized and the last time that happened we got Dragonball Evolution. Also, I think one of the major complaints about GT was that it was too western so, yeah. Keep western influence away from dragonball please. Probably the other ones as well. They're better with just crossing over with each other. If they want, do another Marvel/DC crossover and make it canon.

Marvel & dc crossed a bunch of times and I believe the 2004 jla/avengers crossover is cannon

@GomuGomuJyaku973: I know. I meant new 52 and marvel canon.

@GrayWolf2 said:

@GomuGomuJyaku973: I know. I meant new 52 and marvel canon.

Ohh I see.

So I guess even if this rumor was possible you don't think it's a good idea in general your saying. Was gonna ask what other DC/Shonen Jump properties would you have like to have seen cross besides the obvious Goku vs. Superman thing.

Online Now

@GomuGomuJyaku973:

Are you cjkid321 because this post is very similar to this IGN forum thread? It's weird you copied most of the text without giving credit to that user.

I finally got access to that Korea Drama Star website which is an odd site to post about anime and DC comic book crossover. It still seems fake to me.

@takashichea said:

@GomuGomuJyaku973:

Are you cjkid321 because this post is very similar to this IGN forum thread? It's weird you copied most of the text without giving credit to that user.

I finally got access to that Korea Drama Star website which is an odd site to post about anime and DC comic book crossover. It still seems fake to me.

Yeah that was me on the J stars forum. I decided to do it here because animevice is more mature as you could see over there it could have potential turned into a flame war between DC & SJ fans. Heck one guy said Joseph >>>>DCU which is when I notice it was gonna go down hill from there.

Post by othus12 (6,882 posts) See mini bio Level 13

superman and goku vs Darkseid please.

Online Now

@GomuGomuJyaku973:

I see. My bad. I wish we had more coverage on this. I hope it doesn't involve the Goku vs Superman fight. Honest to god, I hate seeing those things in the site. I don't know if you notice we had very enthusiastic fans who didn't know our rules well and spam the forums with barebone, Youtube spam threads on Goku and Superman this and etc. I'm tired of seeing those things, but I didn't want to alienate them because they love DBZ. It was hard to tell them to stop posting spam threads.

There is too much potential that will turn out into a flame war.

Anyone to see who DC/SJ equivalents would be? I'll start with DC's big 3 & to me it would be.

Superman - Goku - Obvious reasons

Batman - Kakashi - Both are serious & very intelligent as well as good tactician's

Wonder Woman - Clare(Claymore) - Both are very strong women as well as the main females for both companies IMO. I don't know any other SJ manga that has a lead female that looks old enough & mature like Clare(Even tho we it doesn't state her age in manga or anime) but yeah & also IMO Moka(Rosairo + Vampire) & Medaka(Medaka Box) are more like Batgirl & Supergirl material like to me so yeah if anyone else can name another female lead in a SJ manga that's like WW then go ahead & list them.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel