Return of Site Personalities?

Topic started by parasyteFMA on March 29, 2012. Last post by colorbrandon 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by parasyteFMA (113 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Just a thought that maybe a few others might share? After Gia and John left, I was sort of put off from the site. They were one of the reasons I always came back to the site. Video content was a huge thing that I loved about this site. I mean, there is Tom, but his presence is mainly in writing.

Now that AV has been sold, do you think there is a chance we get some new site personalities? I am doubtful John or Gia will return seeing as how they have moved onto "greener pastures", but maybe some new people who are just as excited about anime as they were?
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Chance? Yes. I don't see it happening though. The only personality+video driven site in their roster is Tested, and even then it's just Norm and Will like it was in the WM days. All of their other sites are just writers. More writers would be a good thing and if they change the look of AV to the picture grid triangle/box matrix thing that they seem to love, that would be cool.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I do have faith that our new owners will hopefully find two or so people who can step in and pick up where Gia and John left off long ago.

Like sickVisionz said, I do not really see it happening. One can only hope, right?

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Been crossing my finger toes and eyes for a miracle.
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It would be great if it happened.

Post by takashichea (12,326 posts) See mini bio Level 25

In the meantime, we'll manage as a community.

Check out the Faces of Anime Vice. Despite having no full on staff or news articles, we got some personality in this site. When you guys think of Anime Vice, what do you think of?

Post by colorbrandon (30 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I am almost tempted to try a community podcast, guerrilla style. But then again, Skype pocasts are notoriously bad.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@colorbrandon: I hear people say that all the time but I've heard plenty of good Skype podcasts. It reminds me of years and years ago when I made music on a regular basis and people was say program x sucks. 9/10 it was a case of them being new to making music, sucking, and blaming the program for their lack of talent. I think complaints about how you can't podcast via Skype are similar.

Post by colorbrandon (30 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@sickVisionz

@colorbrandon: I hear people say that all the time but I've heard plenty of good Skype podcasts. It reminds me of years and years ago when I made music on a regular basis and people was say program x sucks. 9/10 it was a case of them being new to making music, sucking, and blaming the program for their lack of talent. I think complaints about how you can't podcast via Skype are similar.

It's probably just a consistency issue, different internet bandwidths, microphones, and room acoustics, which would just lead to more editing.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel