RC car anime I can't remember the name of.

Topic started by Icemael on Aug. 4, 2011. Last post by Haseo99 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Icemael (17 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Around a decade ago, while in Malaysia, I saw a couple of episodes of an anime centered around boys competing with RC cars. It took this to ridiculous levels, with world championships and races in volcanoes and shit. I presume the show was made to sell toys, much like the shows involving Yu-Gi-Oh cards and Beyblade tops and all the other stuff that's popular with kids these days.

Does anyone know what show I'm talking about? I'd really like to know the name. Remembering the show but not what it's called bothers me.
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
It sounds like it was a Hot Wheels show. Or maybe an old Transformers series. If that doesn't fit then I have no clue.
I can't find any information about there ever being a Hot Wheels anime (and this was definitely an anime, not a Western cartoon), and I know it wasn't Transformers-related because the cars were small and not sentient.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Dash! Yonkuro and Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go are a couple of likely suspects. There were used as promotional materiel (similar to Transformers and Zoids) for a line of RC toys known as Mini 4WD.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
Dash! Yonkuro and Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go are a couple of likely suspects. There were used as promotional materiel (similar to Transformers and Zoids) for a line of RC toys known as Mini 4WD.
What are you on? Mini 4 WD is not RC, there is never a radio controller for it
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go
This was it. Thanks!

@cfatalis said:
What are you on? Mini 4 WD is not RC, there is never a radio controller for it
I remembered wrong.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@cfatalis@Icemael: Here's a link for Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go... just in case we're still semi-confused.
Post by Haseo99 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3
there was an anime about a kid that loved racing video games, then he won first place and got sucked INTO the game where he races with an RC car that has weapons and shields that can be exchanged and such... can anyone help me find it? I can't remember the name and I loved that show as a kid
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel