Random Netflix Anime Time Startto

Topic started by jackijinx on Aug. 7, 2011. Last post by Newdeath 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by jackijinx (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Alright, so I'm getting back into anime for the first time since middle school. Why? Because I'm bored and have the ability to do so with Netflix, plus it'll help a bit with expanding my Japanese vocabulary to an extent. Whether this will become a downfall of mine is yet to be seen, but I'm looking for recommendations that are already on Netflix.

Animes that I have enjoyed so far, from middle school, include Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing to an extent. Currently, I'm almost done watching Death Note, which I find rather fascinating. Also watching Darker Than Black, which I love the voice acting of and that height of *almost* mature drama (I'm 24, so it's what I've been leaning towards lately). Also watching Chobits, but mostly because I like the robots/computers saying ridiculous things in the same manner that people who are learning new languages say funny, unnatural things. Plus, that voice actor for Hidaki is ridiculously entertaining. I'm not enthralled by continual pokes at virginity and lovey dovey stuff with things that aren't human, but for this show, I can look past those things.

That all said, I'm interested in listening to what others consider is good that is on Netflix Instant currently. As long as it's not Naruto (an ex boyfriend had an unnatural obsession with that show), I will consider any suggestions ^^

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Have you tried Ghost Hound? The last I saw it was on Netflix. It's really good!
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
A large variety of FUNimation's titles are available on there due to a deal struck between the two companies last year. Parts 1-3 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is on there and it's awesome. You also have Claymore, Afro Samurai, Basilisk, Speed Grapher, Samurai 7, Gurren Lagann, Canaan, Ah! My Goddess, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, and many others. Just flip through and search the anime genre on the website or viewing device.
Post by jackijinx (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I noticed several anime categories pop up as I progressed through a few episodes of each show, but the vast amount is overwhelming at this time, which is why I started this thread. I guessed I should've mentioned that in my first post.

I saw the first episode of Ghost Hound upon your recommendation, and it certainly is interesting! I think I will finish the rest of Death Note before going further into that one ^^
Post by CharlesAlanRatliff (13 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@jackijinx said:

I think I will finish the rest of Death Note before going further into that one ^^

Good decision! I'm on my second run of that and need to get back into it again.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I'd recommend checking out Neon Genesis Evangelion but I'm not sure if its on Netflix. 

ND
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel