Question About 3 in 1 Manga Editions

Topic started by saoakden on Sept. 4, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by saoakden (12 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I going to be buying some manga and I'm wondering should I buy the 3 in 1 manga volumes or just look for the manga as the 3 separate volumes? I plan on buying Bleach, Naruto and One Piece from the beginning and I want to know would it be better to buy the books in the 3 in 1 edition or just look for vol. 1, 2, and 3?

Post by Bigheart711 (4,204 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@saoakden: I think the 3-in-1 editions were better price-wise, since they're surprisingly lower than getting 3 seperate volumes right now. Another perk from omnibuses is that they won't take a lot of shelf room like single volumes often do.

Post by takashichea (14,309 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Bigheart711 said:

@saoakden: I think the 3-in-1 editions were better price-wise, since they're surprisingly lower than getting 3 seperate volumes right now. Another perk from omnibuses is that they won't take a lot of shelf room like single volumes often do.

Also, check out the Quick Picks. I did list the three HST manga releases last week.

For Bleach manga, the MSRP price is $9.99 for each volume while the 3-in-1 edition is $14.99. See Vol. 60 and Vol. 1 [3-in-1].

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@saoakden:

3 in 1 editions are cheaper then buying three volumes, but you will lose the quality (also the covers)

If you looking to catch up fast and cheap, go for 3 in 1

If you want quality, then go for the volume or just buy online since it is cheaper and you get the quality (if you have a device to read it on)

Post by takashichea (14,309 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Destinyheroknight said:

@saoakden:

3 in 1 editions are cheaper then buying three volumes, but you will lose the quality (also the covers)

If you looking to catch up fast and cheap, go for 3 in 1

If you want quality, then go for the volume or just buy online since it is cheaper and you get the quality (if you have a device to read it on)

Oh I forgot about the quality. I remember when I was volunteering at the library. The omnibus's pages tend to fall out or deteriorate faster than individual because the binding isn't good. Though, I don't know if 3-in-1 includes the bonuses or author's notes at the end. I think you should hit Barnes & Noble or your mom and pop stores to see what's inside of the 3-in-1 covers.

Plus, it depends on what kind of manga series you buying for. If you're looking for out of print TokyoPop manga series, definitely buy the omnibus.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel