Well I did one with anime/manga in general 7 most of them came out to be just heroes so I was wondering about the villains side of things, well any takers?
1. Freiza/Kid Buu. They both seem to be the most iconic DBZ villains.
3. Team Rocket/Giovanni
4. Orochimaru, since he was the main Naruto villain when it was still riding upon the success of DBZ on Toonami.
5. Not sure...does Sailor Moon have a main villain? That seems to be popular along with DBZ.
1. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z) (IMO he set the bar of what a villain should be. He was cunning, scary looking, in desire to rule the universe and, most of all, powerful. Oh yes, Frieza certainly packs a powerful punch. His subordinates, including former subordinate Vegeta, feared him just by being in his presence. And that was in his first form. His first form had a higher power level than his best squad put together and he also destroyed Planet Vegeta in one go in this form)
Most memorable thing about him: Power
2. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) (You expected Aizen or Orochimaru in this spot, but it was him, Dio! Without a doubt the most memorable character of JJBA, not only is he a villain that is not only powerful, smart, and has had a lot of effect on the story of JJBA, but he also has this "cool factor" to him that many villains tried yet failed to replicate. His words have become not only memes, but words that have instilled fear in everyone he came into contact with)
Most memorable thing about him: Quotes
3. Shinobu Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho) (Nothing says you have a great villain like one having good intentions for the opposing side. Originally a Spirit Detective, after witnessing the torture demons had to go through courtesy, of humans, he sided with the demons and wanting to destroy all humans using the demons who were about to be slayed by current Spirit Detective Yusuke Urameshi)
Most memorable thing about him: Reason for being evil
4. Light Yagami (Death Note) (Seriously, why does everyone who sits near a window become a mass murderer? Light Yagami simply wanted to create a new world using the powers of the Death Note, a supernatural notebook from the realm of Shinigami, or Death Gods in English. Unlike Sensui, who wanted to kill all humans, Light wanted only good and productive people to live while lazy and evil people to die. He was incredibly smart and managed to take the lives of 2 of the 3 greatest detectives in Death Note using a highly complex plan with an enormous amount of time put into them)
Most memorable thing about him: Intelligence
5. Sosuke Aizen (Bleach) (Since when were you under the impression that Aizen wasn't on this list? Without a doubt a headache to both Soul Society and the viewers at home, Aizen is a massive troll. Looking at this list, he is a jack of all trades when it comes to villain traits. He was the most powerful falling short only to the main character during his story arc, like Frieza. He has memorable quotes, like Dio. He had an army of demons, known as hollows in the Bleach series, like Sensui, and he was incredibly intelligent, like Light. Although he falls short compared to the others in each of these categories, one thing he does a lot better than the rest is trolling. Whether it's the constant evolving from the Hougyoku, using his Kyouka Suigetsu to create illusions, or getting Soul Society to stab one another, Aizen is every troll's dream)
Most memorable thing about him: Trolling
Honorable mentions: Orochimaru (Naruto), Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!), Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter)
Char Aznable: One of the most influential anime/manga antagonists out there, and one of the earliest antagonists to have a completely fleshed out character and background. you really can't call him a villain, he was simply a foil to amuro.
Dio Brando: Over-The-Top Fabulous Crazy Charismatic Top hat-mustache-cane kind of villain AND memefied to death. Dio was simply a villain to be a villain. and he was good at it; Haunted the joestars and made their lives miserable, even after his death.
Griffith: Because When you are a loved charismatic leader, and have created an army that reveres you, only to have them mercilessly sacrificed in order to attain god-like powers, and then return to the world as a messiah/god and change it into a hellish realm only so you can establish the only safe haven in it (which is your kingdom) you know you're an astronomical A**HOLE.
Johan Liebert: See That Face? That's the face of someone who Mephistopheles would bow down to in respect and fear. I don't even know how to describe him.
Can't think of anymore right now.