Q: Who are the top 5 most Iconic Anime/Manga Villains?

Topic started by GomuGomuJyaku973 on Nov. 11, 2013. Last post by nishi99 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by GomuGomuJyaku973 (53 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Well I did one with anime/manga in general 7 most of them came out to be just heroes so I was wondering about the villains side of things, well any takers?

Post by Kobra678 (3,357 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Not sure about top 5 but I'm pretty sure Frieaza's gotta be one of them.
Post by othus12 (7,342 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i could name some good ones, not sure if they are truly iconic

1.-frieza

2.-aizen

3.-meruem

Post by Saladking (1,007 posts) See mini bio Level 10

They have to be super mainstream and the only ones I can think of are:

Team Rocket

Frieza

Light Yagami (He's not THAT mainstream but pretty mainstream)

Lelouche V Britannia (same as Light)

Post by Vapovile (2,093 posts) See mini bio Level 16

1. Freiza/Kid Buu. They both seem to be the most iconic DBZ villains.

2. Aizen

3. Team Rocket/Giovanni

4. Orochimaru, since he was the main Naruto villain when it was still riding upon the success of DBZ on Toonami.

5. Not sure...does Sailor Moon have a main villain? That seems to be popular along with DBZ.

Post by taichokage (14,260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Light and especially Lelouch are not nearly mainstream enough in my opinion, also factoring that Lelouch was mostly an anti-hero. I agree with Frieza, Aizen. I might add Raoh and Toguro as well. Hokuto no Ken might be a bit old but it's legacy is still around.
Post by taichokage (14,260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Sailor Galaxia probably is the most major villain in Sailor Moon. Certainly the most powerful.
Post by Vapovile (2,093 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@taichokage: Ah, ok. I have never watched Sailor Moon, and keep hearing it's very "monster of the week" structure. Toguro might fit in though.

Post by takashichea (13,235 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Iconic of all years is pretty difficult because you're dealing with different generations of anime and manga fans.

For me, I'm a new anime fan (about 4 years).

1. Frieza/Cell
  2. Naraku
  3. Aizen
  4. Dio
  5. Aizen
Post by Kobra678 (3,357 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@takashichea: nice one, I forgot all about Inuyasha. You have Aizen twice by the way.

Post by takashichea (13,235 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Kobra678:

I finished my marathon on Inuyasha this week. Going to post a blog once I get some things done in the site.

I guess I put Orochimaru in my list.

Post by GeneralVan (2,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9

1. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z) (IMO he set the bar of what a villain should be. He was cunning, scary looking, in desire to rule the universe and, most of all, powerful. Oh yes, Frieza certainly packs a powerful punch. His subordinates, including former subordinate Vegeta, feared him just by being in his presence. And that was in his first form. His first form had a higher power level than his best squad put together and he also destroyed Planet Vegeta in one go in this form)

Most memorable thing about him: Power

2. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) (You expected Aizen or Orochimaru in this spot, but it was him, Dio! Without a doubt the most memorable character of JJBA, not only is he a villain that is not only powerful, smart, and has had a lot of effect on the story of JJBA, but he also has this "cool factor" to him that many villains tried yet failed to replicate. His words have become not only memes, but words that have instilled fear in everyone he came into contact with)

Most memorable thing about him: Quotes

3. Shinobu Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho) (Nothing says you have a great villain like one having good intentions for the opposing side. Originally a Spirit Detective, after witnessing the torture demons had to go through courtesy, of humans, he sided with the demons and wanting to destroy all humans using the demons who were about to be slayed by current Spirit Detective Yusuke Urameshi)

Most memorable thing about him: Reason for being evil

4. Light Yagami (Death Note) (Seriously, why does everyone who sits near a window become a mass murderer? Light Yagami simply wanted to create a new world using the powers of the Death Note, a supernatural notebook from the realm of Shinigami, or Death Gods in English. Unlike Sensui, who wanted to kill all humans, Light wanted only good and productive people to live while lazy and evil people to die. He was incredibly smart and managed to take the lives of 2 of the 3 greatest detectives in Death Note using a highly complex plan with an enormous amount of time put into them)

Most memorable thing about him: Intelligence

5. Sosuke Aizen (Bleach) (Since when were you under the impression that Aizen wasn't on this list? Without a doubt a headache to both Soul Society and the viewers at home, Aizen is a massive troll. Looking at this list, he is a jack of all trades when it comes to villain traits. He was the most powerful falling short only to the main character during his story arc, like Frieza. He has memorable quotes, like Dio. He had an army of demons, known as hollows in the Bleach series, like Sensui, and he was incredibly intelligent, like Light. Although he falls short compared to the others in each of these categories, one thing he does a lot better than the rest is trolling. Whether it's the constant evolving from the Hougyoku, using his Kyouka Suigetsu to create illusions, or getting Soul Society to stab one another, Aizen is every troll's dream)

Most memorable thing about him: Trolling

Honorable mentions: Orochimaru (Naruto), Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!), Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter)

Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21

If you mean villains popular among the mainstream for anime/ manga fans, then likely...

1. Megatron (Transformers)

2. Team Rocket (Pokemon)

3. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)

4. Queen Beryl (Sailor Moon)

5. Gendo Ikari (Evangelion)

Post by IndridCold (1,385 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I got this:

Frieza

Seriously, this guy is brutal, powerful, and he is truly evil. He is a conqueror of many planets and even runs his own organization for trading them. Also responsible for killing many beings throughout the universe, he has committed many acts of genocide. He shows no mecy even going as far as to kill his own henchmen, and even kill Krillin. He is THE anime villain.
Seriously, this guy is brutal, powerful, and he is truly evil. He is a conqueror of many planets and even runs his own organization for trading them. Also responsible for killing many beings throughout the universe, he has committed many acts of genocide. He shows no mecy even going as far as to kill his own henchmen, and even kill Krillin. He is THE anime villain.

Toguro

While Sensui would be a good choice, overall this guy was the best villain and most memorable of Yu Yu Hakusho. He had an entire tournament set up for demons to fight in including his own team. He served as the main drive for Yusuke to get stronger and in the end, if it wasn't for Toguro, Yusuke would never have become this strong. All he really wanted was someone to finally challenge his full power and he got it. He is somewhat like Cell, but a much better character.
While Sensui would be a good choice, overall this guy was the best villain and most memorable of Yu Yu Hakusho. He had an entire tournament set up for demons to fight in including his own team. He served as the main drive for Yusuke to get stronger and in the end, if it wasn't for Toguro, Yusuke would never have become this strong. All he really wanted was someone to finally challenge his full power and he got it. He is somewhat like Cell, but a much better character.

Dio Brando

ZA WARUDO! WRYYYYY!!! MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!!! Need I say more??? He also was able to challenge multiple Joestars throughout the whole series and he was also a major dick in part 1.
ZA WARUDO! WRYYYYY!!! MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!!! Need I say more??? He also was able to challenge multiple Joestars throughout the whole series and he was also a major dick in part 1.

Raoh

Come on, it's Hokuto no Ken and like taichokage said: it's legacy is gigantic. Raoh is one of the best villains ever and was also able to actually give Kenshiro a major challenge and he is a classic as well.
Come on, it's Hokuto no Ken and like taichokage said: it's legacy is gigantic. Raoh is one of the best villains ever and was also able to actually give Kenshiro a major challenge and he is a classic as well.

Tetsuo Shima

I am in shock that Tetsuo was not mentioned by anyone here yet. He is a major example of why certain people do not deserve power or else there will be gigantic consequences. A person like this with an inferiority complex and suffering from major trauma had become so powerful that he was going to destroy everything.
I am in shock that Tetsuo was not mentioned by anyone here yet. He is a major example of why certain people do not deserve power or else there will be gigantic consequences. A person like this with an inferiority complex and suffering from major trauma had become so powerful that he was going to destroy everything.
Post by BloodSprinkles (219 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I guess Mewtwo and Giovanni might count.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Freeza

Vegeta

Char

Dio

Cell

Post by EVA_01 (378 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Char Aznable: One of the most influential anime/manga antagonists out there, and one of the earliest antagonists to have a completely fleshed out character and background. you really can't call him a villain, he was simply a foil to amuro.

Dio and The World
Dio and The World

Dio Brando: Over-The-Top Fabulous Crazy Charismatic Top hat-mustache-cane kind of villain AND memefied to death. Dio was simply a villain to be a villain. and he was good at it; Haunted the joestars and made their lives miserable, even after his death.

Griffith: Because When you are a loved charismatic leader, and have created an army that reveres you, only to have them mercilessly sacrificed in order to attain god-like powers, and then return to the world as a messiah/god and change it into a hellish realm only so you can establish the only safe haven in it (which is your kingdom) you know you're an astronomical A**HOLE.

By thelanithro
By thelanithro

Johan Liebert: See That Face? That's the face of someone who Mephistopheles would bow down to in respect and fear. I don't even know how to describe him.

Can't think of anymore right now.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Frieeeeezaaaaa

Post by flashback180 (898 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Post by nishi99 (1,784 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Here's the most Iconic in America at least.

1. Frieza, Cell and Buu

2. Broly

3. Team Rocket

4. Yami Marik

5. Orochimaru

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel