Protip: Breakfast Prevents Teenage Sex...?

Topic started by gia on Dec. 26, 2008. Last post by Death_Flame 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
BREAKFAST!
BREAKFAST!
Oh, Japan, you're so funny. What Japan Thinks-- which is an awesome site that you should bookmark –spotted a recent national poll in Japan that noted that teenagers who had breakfast in the morning had sexual intercourse at an average age of 19, whereas those who skipped the most important meal of the day replaced it with sex at an average age of 17.5.

Now, let's note that the average age for first sexual intercourse in the United States, breakfast or no, is 17.4 for girls and 17 for boys (according to the US Center for Disease Control-- other studies put it at an average of about 17), so if the goal is to try and get that number above 18, Japan's closer to it than we are.

On the other hand, Japan's birth rate has been ridiculously low for years-- it's pretty clear that the entire country is having less sex, not just its teenagers. So maybe what should happen here is that Japan should discourage the eating of breakfast, and the US should bail out the breakfast industry by giving every household a pack of bagels every week.

Just sayin'.

Post by observer77 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 3
LOL I hate breakfast....
Post by otakureview (47 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Hm, maybe it's not THAT they are eating breaking but WHAT they are eating for breakfast? Maybe we should all be investing heavily in Miso? *ponders*
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Wow, I'm speechless haha
Post by Champy (121 posts) See mini bio Level 5
hahah
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
japan should encourage the eating of bagels.
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
never eat breakfest, 20 yep still not had sex. -_-;;;
Post by darkcyder (142 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'm with yue on this..... total load of crap.
Post by Disco (364 posts) See mini bio Level 2
yuetheguardian said:
"never eat breakfest, 20 yep still not had sex. -_-;;;"
By choice or by force?
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Force feed everyone.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
hahahahahaha that's the best "stats" related news yet.

Remember kids:
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics!"
Any kind of poll is ridiculous because it has no statistical backup other than percentages; therefore, take it as a grain of salt.
/nerd
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I guess breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. It decides if the human race will continue to grow or not.
Post by liksang (7 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Does this mean that brunch leads to heavy petting?
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Breakfeast causes impotency!
  *rushes to the cupboards, throwing out all the cereals & bread*
Post by Pepper (2,496 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i don't remember the last time i ate breafast hmmmm i think im going to make my sister eat it now EVERYDAY  XP
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
This is so incredibly dumb
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel