Power Rangers RPM actually looking decent?

Topic started by Niko on Feb. 9, 2009. Last post by Niko 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Here seems to be a trailer for the new PR season: Power Rangers RPM:

Somehow, it looks like it actually tones down the silliness of Go-onger into this seemingly serious premise. Some evil organization/being names Venjix took control of our communication, power and defenses three years ago, leaving the setting in a barren, post-apocalyptic world, save for domed cities like the one mentioned - Corinth. There, the RPM rangers show up and fight the bad guys and crazy hijynks ensues as usual. Oh yeah, and Green ranger dresses like Spike Speigel, and Black ranger is Mad Max.

I must admit, "post apocalyptic" is not a phrase I expected using to describe a PR show, least of all the incredibly silly Go-Onger. Probably helps that they don't show the talking zords. This seriousness the trailer shows makes me hope that Disney is making a well-thoughtout and dramatic story for today's youngsters. Not that it matters as long as they buy those toys, right? Those retarded extra RPM toys? (The regular action figures actually look decent though)

I think PR is picking itself back up from the slump it was in with Mystic Force and especially the awful Operation Overdrive. I hope it's awesome, as it could be the last PR season. I'm not sure how likely Disney is to continue the series. With Shikenger being incredibly Japanese-based (It's a samurai theme), I suspect it would be difficult to adapt for American audiences, a trouble Disney may not find worth it.

Still, let's hope it doesn't suck. If it does, at least there's still Dragon Knight, right?

Side note: What's with the MGS music at the end?

(Courtesy of Henshin Justice Unlimited)
Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
This looks pretty cool !:D
Although I disagree about what you said about Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive, I kinda liked those seasons.
Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
WOW that does look good, I lost my faith in Power Rangers a long time ago, but i'll give this a try.^^
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Looks decent might give it a try like 1 ep lol
i knew they would remove Kegaleshia out of the picture o and yes im gonna watch Shikenger :)
Darn you, BVS Entertainment, for taking down the trailer.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Power Rangers was slightly watchable at one point. not really any more.
Post by DarkShaper (76 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I love all the japanese vertions but hated Go-onger. but from what people say I might give this one a try
In place of a trailer, we get the theme. Not too bad. Sorry to those Operation Overdrive lovers, but that theme was awful.

Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Agreed, I might actually occasionally watch this when my  brain is dead.

Last season i really liked was Ninja Storm...

Hmm, MGS music why indeed.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Niko said:
"In place of a trailer, we get the theme. Not too bad. Sorry to those Operation Overdrive lovers, but that theme was awful.
"
And the whole season too especialy mercury ranger.
Never again will i complain that a Ranger doesnt look his/her Japanese counterpart Y_Y
Niko said:
"In place of a trailer, we get the theme. Not too bad. Sorry to those Operation Overdrive lovers, but that theme was awful.

"
Quite generic just like most of the themes since the first one. But it's not bad just dull
Yeah, it does have the repetitive nature a lot of PR themes have, but it's not too bad here. There are certainly worse PR themes.
I found another copy of the trailer I posted earlier:

One question to anyone who's seen this: have you been able to verify this as real and not fan-made? The footage for the most part looks real, but the MGS music and Matrix-ish opening make me skeptical.

That trailer was better than Go-onger. Could be the best  Power Rangers in a while.
I mean GAWD I hated Go-onger
Post by Lawliet (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I hope it's good, but I'm not getting my hopes up after how Disney butchered SPD. Dekaranger was my favorite...
SPD wasn't too bad in comparison. Plus, Kruger looked better IMO in SPD.

Now Operation Overdrive in comparison to Boukenger? That's a series of fail I try not to think about.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel