General Discussion

Forums » General Discussion » Points?

Points?

Topic started by oslapedo on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Misaki 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by oslapedo (66 posts) See mini bio Level 4
How do you get them? I'm such a noob ^_^
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
by contributing by the site. By adding images, or text to a page. or linking pages together will get you one point per page you link.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
You get awarded points for editing Wiki pages and adding images to said pages, if this works like GB does then your edits will have to be revised by a Wiki mod before being published. Once you get 1000 points you can have live edits.
Oh okay. There's so much to do at this site but the forums keep distracting me!
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Try watching this tutorial.

The tutorial's actually for AnimeVice's sister site (GiantBomb), but it essentially has the same points/wiki system.
Post by Pikachu (6 posts) See mini bio Level 1
How come some people get 1000 points?
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I am not sure cause im not from CV im from GB but in the begining I heard they gave 1,001 points to people with over 1,000 points at cv who moved here too. Or something to that I think. If anyone can back me up on this. I had 7 points for about 10 minutes until I became a mod and was given 1,000 points.
Post by Pikachu (6 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I have over 1000 points on both sites.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
MasturbatingBear said:
"I am not sure cause im not from CV im from GB but in the begining I heard they gave 1,001 points to people with over 1,000 points at cv who moved here too. Or something to that I think. If anyone can back me up on this. I had 7 points for about 10 minutes until I became a mod and was given 1,000 points."
I'm not sure.

I sent ethan a moderator request and he says he gave me 1001 points so that I can start doing live edits for now. It might also have to do with your GiantBomb profiles, because I sent him a link to my profile as well.
I do believe I have 0 points... the forums are so much fun though!
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
You can get it by adding anime series, which you can't.
I now have 1 point! YAY!
Post by Misaki (9 posts) See mini bio Level 7
What's this about submitting stuff and contributing to the site?
I thought we were supposed to perform goat sacrifices on top of blood-painted pentagrams to get points.

I... I feel really deceived. It all made sense before since it just seems so natural, but now... now I'm just confused.

Somebody hold me. :*(
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel