Pick A New Watch & Learn!

Topic started by No_name_here on Nov. 10, 2011. Last post by No_name_here 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (854 posts) Level
Staff

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • THE MYSTIC ARCHIVES OF DANTALIAN
  • EUREKA SEVEN
  • OCCULT ACADEMY
  • YU-YU HAKUSHO
  • THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO
  • THE FUTURE DIARY
  • GHOST SLAYERS AYASHI
  • USAGI DROP
  • AQUARION
  • KENICHI
  • GUILTY CROWN
  • D. GRAY-MAN
  • RAINBOW
  • CHIHAYAFURU
  • SQUID GIRL
  • GOSICK
  • SPEED GRAPHER
  • SACRED SEVEN
  • KAMISAMA DOLLS
  • DURARARA!!
  • AFRO SAMURAI
  • REBORN!
  • TORIKO
  • LAST EXILE: FAM THE SILVER WING
  • FATE/ZERO
  • SGT. FROG
  • PROJECT BLUE EARTH: SOS
  • WANDERING SON
  • BLACK BUTLER
  • NO. 6
  • SLAM DUNK
Post by Bocam (14 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Fun fact:Guilty Crown is directed by the same person who helped write Code Geass and Death Note. I think you should give Fate/Zero another chance, it has really good action scenes.

Post by gla55jAw (109 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I'd like to see Yu Yu Hakusho, especially since I will be getting the whole series soon and haven't watched it since the Toonami days. I'd also like to see what you think of Afro Samurai, Tom. I liked it. A short 6 episode series and a film. Plus, how do you go wrong with Samual L. Jackson voicing both a Samurai and a weed smoking Ninja.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

If you start watching Yu-Yu I may experience a relapse in my anime therapy and could experience a mental breakdown. Please...don't do this to me.

Post by LifeByDegrees (16 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I ended up voting for Durarara- with the other top runners being Usagi-Drop and Reborn.

Duraraa is sort of the middle between these to- as it has the over the top action of a Shonen- but its also very grounded in a very "This could actually happen, maybe." sort of sci-fi fantasy world.

Some of the romantic/friendship themes they cover in the story are interesting- mixed with some exciting social study questions!

I would have liked if Usagi-Drop kept going- as the characters are very likeable and scenarios are solid. I'd want them to do their own timeline- not so much the actual manga timeline.

Reborn is a very solid Shonen adventure- that continues on the tune of 10- Year Old Manga/Anime Interpretation of the Mafia- teaching some solid lessons along the way.

I'm not entirely sure where it goes in the long run- as the preview bits I occasionally look at on Hulu are kind of out there when compared to the relatively realistic scenarios in earlier scenario.

They really stick to their guns when it comes who the characters are- and who they can become.- which is something I appreciate.

Post by YotaruVegeta (533 posts) See mini bio Level 12

My second choice is Rainbow, but I think that if you've wached one episode you WILL return.

Post by thebunnyhunter (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I ended up voting for Eureka Seven but Durarara came in a close second

Post by OkumuraTrain (38 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I voted for Squid Girl because it's a cute show.
Post by No_name_here (854 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

And the poll's closed, now! Thanks for voting everybody.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel