Pick A New Watch & Learn!

Topic started by No_name_here on Nov. 10, 2011. Last post by No_name_here 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) Level
Staff

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • THE MYSTIC ARCHIVES OF DANTALIAN
  • EUREKA SEVEN
  • OCCULT ACADEMY
  • YU-YU HAKUSHO
  • THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO
  • THE FUTURE DIARY
  • GHOST SLAYERS AYASHI
  • USAGI DROP
  • AQUARION
  • KENICHI
  • GUILTY CROWN
  • D. GRAY-MAN
  • RAINBOW
  • CHIHAYAFURU
  • SQUID GIRL
  • GOSICK
  • SPEED GRAPHER
  • SACRED SEVEN
  • KAMISAMA DOLLS
  • DURARARA!!
  • AFRO SAMURAI
  • REBORN!
  • TORIKO
  • LAST EXILE: FAM THE SILVER WING
  • FATE/ZERO
  • SGT. FROG
  • PROJECT BLUE EARTH: SOS
  • WANDERING SON
  • BLACK BUTLER
  • NO. 6
  • SLAM DUNK
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Did you ever check out Time of Eve?

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I voted for Rainbow. An awesome series that flew under the radar. Really glad FUNi picked it up.

Tom, you didn't get to looking at Basilisk! It's another really good one.

Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

@sickVisionz said:

Was that the micro series with the six minute episodes? Where is it?

@sotyfan16 said:

I voted for Rainbow. An awesome series that flew under the radar. Really glad FUNi picked it up.

Tom, you didn't get to looking at Basilisk! It's another really good one.

Is it on Hulu, YouTube or Crunchyroll?

Post by Dream (7,611 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Tom_Pinchuk: The ONA version of Time of Eve is up on Crunchyroll.

Rainbow is on both Hulu and Youtube through Funimation.

@Tom_Pinchuk:

Basilisk is on Hulu.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Tom_Pinchuk said:

@sickVisionz said:

Was that the micro series with the six minute episodes? Where is it?

Close. It's six 15-minute episodes. It's on Crunchyroll.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I figure it will be more interesting to see how a currently airing show does over time, so I voted for the new Last Exile.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Yu Yu Hakusho is over 100 episodes long, but if you're willing to do it I'm willing to read every word of it.

I'm a bit disappointed that you haven't gotten around to Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, but if you were to add that to your list of "trial runners" I'd be super-duper happy.

Post by Lurkero (408 posts) See mini bio Level 7

You're actually gonna do Yu-Yu Hakusho with all those episodes? If that's the case then other shonen shows should be up for a vote.

I voted for Dgray man, but Eureka Seven would also be a decent series to follow. DGray man anime ends and the manga is still ongoing.

Post by Alamun (15 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Where is Yu-Yu Hakusho available for streaming?

Post by Daroki (86 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I had to put up a vote for Chihayafuru, since right now it's the show that for this season that's come out of left field and blown my mind. I'm looking at the list of things you want to watch though, and there's nowhere you can go wrong with the shows on that list.

Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I voted for The Count of Monte Cristo. It's the only series on the list that I have any fondness for that could do with some more exposure, especially considering Fate/zero is so popular and nearly requires familiarity with Fate/stay night. People voting for Eureka 7 or Yu Yu Hakusho must just be hoping for consumer validation, as they already know what they think of the series.

@Little_Socrates:

And so Rainbow needs votes. It's a great series that I highly suggest since it's my 'sleeper' of 2010. Really good stuff.

Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@sotyfan16: I believe it. Last year, the extreme exposure of Angel Beats! (probably one of my favorite series ever,) Squid Girl, and High School of the Dead practically confirms that other stuff that was really good got pushed under the current.

Post by takashichea (12,270 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Tom_Pinchuk:

My partner, KuroNekoXIII, is doing weekly reports on Guilty Crown. Any help to promote the franchise is okay with us. I noticed when you had put a watch and learn for Blue Exorcist, you help (indirectly) others to post stuff on Blue Exorcist. One community member, Revamp, did a blog that was similar to a Beginner Guide. I started my weekly articles on Blue Exorcist around episode 21. A bit late.

• Guilty Crown 1, 2, 3, 4,

In short, you have a charm on the community.

Go people, vote for a topic!

Edit: I voted for Fate Zero.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I voted for Guilty Crown. Its one of the biggest new fall anime series at the New York Comic con, and Funimation picked it up and is streaming live simulcasts on its website. I think its really worth checking out :D

Post by zaldar (1,264 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Ug yu-yu hakusho is winning sigh...not a show you can learn anything from just a DBZ clone and just as silly, pointless, and pointlessly long. Ah well...usagi drop, fam the last exile, or count of monte cristo are much better choices.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I voted for Slam Dunk. That anime actually inspired me to go out and play the sport and on seeing me, most of my friends also took to watching it (they normally don't watch anime). It's a highly deserving series.

I'm getting the feeling Yu-Yu is winning largely due to name recognition. I won't bash the show since I haven't seen it but I get the feeling the worthwhile shows are being overrun. Also, for how many people follow Tom's articles, not many get around to voting.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel