PERSONA 4 THE ANIMATION Gets a US Release Date!!

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on June 20, 2012. Last post by Edder 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25

One mystery has finally been solved. The release date for the P4A anime revealed.

Earlier today on Twitter, The Anime Network confirmed that Sentai Filmworks will be releasing the first part of the PERSONA 4 THE ANIMATION series to the US market with a full English dub for both DVD and Blu-ray. This will be on Sept. 18 2012. This is a month after the True End episode is released to the Japanese market. Still no cast announcements have been revealed.

This news also confirms another set of details. PERSONA 4 will apparently be sold as a two part collection. The release date information was labeled for "PERSONA 4 COLLECTION 1". That unsurprisingly also means that there will be a Part 2 to be released later.

Product details for the first part of the set was listed on ANN along with other future releases from Sentai Filmworks this year. There will be 12 episodes in this Part 1 Collection, and the pricing is set for DVD $59.98 SRP & BD $69.98 SRP.

SYNOPSIS: When Yu Narukami moves to the country town of Inaba to stay with his uncle and cousin, he's expecting a lot more peace and quiet than he's been used to in the big city. What he isn't expecting is for his uncle's job as a police detective to spill over into his own life. Or for the murders that are occurring across town to be somehow linked to Yu's own strange experiences, odd local weather patterns and a mysterious TV show world that seems to be attempting to get Yu to enter it! Now, together with a new group of friends, Yu must plunge into a bizarre alternate reality where he gains unique abilities that will either help him solve the riddle of the mystery killer, or lead him to his doom. Journey into the Velvet Room and beyond as the hit PlayStation 2® game becomes a spectacular anime in PERSONA 4 Collection 1!

There is currently no pre-order option on Amazon.com, but it can be found now on Rightstuf.com.

The series can be watched in its entirety on either The Anime Network - HERE or HULU - HERE. Nick and I also wrote reviews for all but the last episode. The list of these reviews can be found on the PERSONA 4 THE ANIMATION main page on AnimeVice.com.

Source: The Anime Network & ANN HERE

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by Edder (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Karen Strassman said that the original cast is returning:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1944993&l=8b4291969c&id=122644081151336

However, Erin Fitzgerald will be voicing Chie:

https://www.facebook.com/ErinFitzFanPage/posts/10150847618866058

Also, Amanda Winn Lee posted this the other day:

Good news! The Persona 4 anime stalemate has ended! I go in to record my first session tomorrow!!

But she later removed it and posted this:

OOPS! I blabbed about something earlier and didn't realize I was supposed to keep my mouth shut until the official announcement. D'OH! So move along, nothing to see here...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150831307412434&id=329574967433

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@Edder:  
Thanks for adding your information to the post.
I've heard a lot of those rumors, but I've been waiting for official announcements. As you saw of Amanda Winn. It feels wrong to report things voice actors say that could cause them trouble.
Also, there have been articles about all the cast returning before, but then some of the actors say tehy don't know what those reports are talking about. 
Post by Edder (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

@FoxxFireArt: No problem, I understand why you wouldn't report on it. I just found it to be hopeful news and figured I'd share. I'm waiting for an official announcement as well.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel