PANTY & STOCKING U.S. DVD Details and Box Art Revealed!!

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on May 6, 2012. Last post by CrazyCanuck 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,644 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Come get a better look at this summer's biggest anime release on DVD.

Though the anime PANTY & STOCKING WITH GARTERBELT is having a rather tenuous release with FUNimation Entertainment being blocked from releasing the series on Blu-ray by Kadokawa Pictures. We can be excited that we get our first look at the DVD box art for this July release.

Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt - Complete Series DVD (Jul 2012)
Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt - Complete Series DVD (Jul 2012)

The complete series DVD is set fore release on July 10, 2012 and being sold on both Amazon.com and Rightstuf.com. Rightstuf is the only online retailer that's offering a special limited edition to come with an unspecified gift while supplies last.

Special Features include:

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Looks like they toned the box art down considerably, that's fair enough though. Looks pretty nice actually, though the spine could be better.

God yes. I hope they're real outtakes and not dumb scripted ones. So much better when they're genuine.

Post by Sonata (35,514 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The Box art is kinda what I expected it to look. July 10th will be here quick.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,644 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Daniel_Newton:

I agree. I remember when PIXAR first started to animate their outtakes with A BUG'S LIFE and they were real, but then they started pushing it and you could tell they were rehearsed in later movies.

I do like the box art better on the Japanese versions. Loved that Kneesocks one, but covers aren't important.

@Sonata:

If you ordered from Rightstuf. They haven't said what this gift will be yet.

Post by LordTerminal (69 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Now why can't the Soundtrack covers to this series be as tasteful as the DVDs?

Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@FoxxFireArt: @Daniel_Newton:

From what I've seen in the past fore outtakes from Funi is that they are not rehearsed but can be 3 types.

1. A bomb which is an unscritpted line left for the other actors in scene to hear.

2. An actual mistake

3. An unscripted line that they record that is something the character might not say but it fit the mouth flaps so why the F%$# not!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel