ONE PIECE Theme Weddings Available In June!!

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on May 25, 2012. Last post by othus12 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25

You can now have your wedding aboard the Thousand Sunny. Don't tell Hancock!!!

--

Huis Ten Bosch Theme Park
Huis Ten Bosch Theme Park

Who needs Vegas or conventions anymore of your wild themed weddings? We now have the Huis Ten Bosch theme park in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan. For the past year they have had a special cruise attraction that allowed guests to ride a life sized, working recreation of the Straw Hat Pirates' ship, the Thousand Sunny. This ship reportedly has a working Gaon Cannon that it fires, a souvenir shop with exclusive merchandise, statues of the Straw Hats for photos, and an aquarium bar. Admission for adults is ¥1,000 and children under 4 are ¥600 yen. The cruise lasts for 20 minutes.

Thousand Sunny at Huis Ten Bosch Theme Park
Thousand Sunny at Huis Ten Bosch Theme Park

The latest ONE PIECE Ch. 668 that was released this week included an announcement that starting June 1st people could now register to have their weddings aboard the Thousand Sunny cruise that Huis Ten Bosch holds. Since the advertisement talks about having your wedding "with the Straw Hats on the Thousand Sunny". It makes me wonder if there could be actors to officiate, or are they just talking about the aforementioned statues. Luffy is the captain. I guess he would have the authority to marry you. Just don't let him anywhere near the buffet table.

Since the ship's capacity is rated at 250 people (not sure if that includes staff), you could have quite the blow out for your wedding. No real word on the cost of this reservation. Would any of you like to have your wedding aboard this ship of dreams?

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

A week or so ago, the boys on the Giant Bomb podcast were talking about weddings incorporating video games as a theme. They advised against it. This seems to fit that same idea. Unless the couple met at a One Piece convention or worked in some way with the franchise, I can't think of a positive reason to have a wedding aboard this attraction. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it seems so gauche. A little more refined that being married by Elvis at a drive-thru chapel, but not by much. I'm a fan of One Piece, but "no" to this idea.

Now, if this was available for the "Going Merry", then I'd consider it. ;-)

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

....no....

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Elfenlied1012:

....yes....

Post by takashichea (12,291 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@PenguinDust said:

A week or so ago, the boys on the Giant Bomb podcast were talking about weddings incorporating video games as a theme. They advised against it. This seems to fit that same idea. Unless the couple met at a One Piece convention or worked in some way with the franchise, I can't think of a positive reason to have a wedding aboard this attraction. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it seems so gauche. A little more refined that being married by Elvis at a drive-thru chapel, but not by much. I'm a fan of One Piece, but "no" to this idea.

Now, if this was available for the "Going Merry", then I'd consider it. ;-)

I remember in a Game Informer Magazine, one guy chose to play one of the Wind Waker songs (Legend of Zelda) during his wedding instead of doing a video game themed wedding. His parents remarked it was good Irish music.

Back to One Piece, this is crazy. Though, I can imagine Johnny Depp doing this.

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This...this is just too much

@PenguinDust
Technically, the Giant Bomb guys were talking about a guy adding video games to his wedding in a way that his wife may not like or even want to begin with. Theme park weddings aren't anything new. I don't think they just suddenly decided to start offering weddings. You'd have to image that this is more likely a reaction to multiple requests for this. 

One Piece is just huge in Japan. Much of the West doesn't quite grasp how big.

@PenguinDust: @Elfenlied1012: @takashichea: @cynically_happy: @Destinyheroknight:

I just updated this posting with a video I found of the updated tour of the ship.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I wish I can go on that ship, to bad I don't have the money

Post by takashichea (12,291 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Thanks for the video, FoxxFireArt. This beats Mickey Mouse's steamboat anytime! The One Piece statues are pretty awesome especially Zoro's.

@takashichea:

My attentions leaned more toward Robin and Nami.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@PenguinDust: Gotta agree with this. Hopefully both parties involved would be ultra One Piece fans... even still, this seems a bit much. Let the fanboyism rest for one day. Your wedding should be focused on the life you and your partner make, not how you and your partner can show your love for a comic.

@sickVisionz:

Think about how many people go to Vegas just to be married by an Elvis impersonator, or people who reserve spots at Dinseyland for their wedding every year in a castle. Then you have people who scuba dive or bungie jump for their weddings. How is that any more or less ridiculous? Naturally, I'd hope both are into the idea.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@FoxxFireArt: I agree in that people getting married with a fake Elvis or guy in a Scrooge McDuck furry suit officiating the event aren't any less ridiculous than this. They are all equally facepalm worthy. Outside of having a child, getting married is probably the single biggest event of one's life. You can't get serious and not let the fanboyism override your life for even a single day?

Post by othus12 (6,821 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i seriously LOVE one piece, but i wouldnt get married like this, maybe just some music for the after party and change the toys for the wedding cake, but to make this a one piece party is just too much. i would like to get aboard the sunny go thats for sure, but not at that time.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel