One Piece hate, are you bias, kizaru light-speed?

Topic started by Shitsumon on Dec. 30, 2010. Last post by hitsusatsu11 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Shitsumon (132 posts) See mini bio Level 10
First off these are divided into three different topics.

Around the fourums we have been getting a HUGE amount of One Piece battles, some are spite, some are not. However I have seen a lot of hate towards One Piece, you can see it in post and when the people debate, to be honest I have really only seen a few people actualy debate for One Piece (Kurohige and Jinbeifan, ironic because of their user names lol) and another few even talk good about it (Kurohige, FoxFireArt,Rubberluffy,Jinbeifan, and sometimes willyvereb) Now please don't confuse this with me saying you hate One Piece or are bias, you can not like One Piece and still not be bias or a hater. However you can see it in post, myself, I am huge Naruto fan and not too into One PIece, however I still try to be fair with it. It's obvious when people make spite threads, I dunno why people deny it when they do, although i only see this with with the BLeach threads, it's obvious that it's do to Jinbeifan's thread against Bleach in which One Piece won.  

Now what I also hate is when someone is bias but they wont admit it, you do know that in the end everyone is bias towards, and or against somehing, I'm bias for naruto (Mainly Madara) Kurohige is bias for One Piece )Mainly blackbeard) Hitsusatsu is bias for DBZ ingeneral, but does that stop any of them from providing some of the best arguments on the vice? No, which is why it is okay to be bias, so long as you can still give great arguments. Here is a video of a person I'm subscribed to, this is basicaly my feeling towards the One Piece fanbase: 

Now for Kizaru being light speed, all I have to say is; wow, okay are people telling me light or someone who can manipulate light, can't fight or move at light speed without a beam guiding him, and you say this only because he did it? When did he even say he needed it?  We see him plenty of times move at light speed, in fact when he first arrived, once he got off the canon ball we saw a 'Flash" and then he appeared

Has Kizaru stated he was light speed? Yes 
Does he control light? Yes 
Has anyone ever outran him or disproved this? No 

So I really have no idea how you can say he is not, at this point you guys are blowing smoke, you try using silly things like a character moving their eyes, or saying something. That happens in almost like every shonen when a character blitzes someone, they add reaction to make it more intense. Rayleigh stopped Kizaru's attack on Zoro, because he blindsided him, he was also a master of haki, on top of that Kizaru was being careless. Trying to apply real world science to shonen is also silly, however is you want to get technical the simple fact that kizaru leaves a light stail behind his attacks proves he is light speed anyway.
Post by Kurohige (3,742 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Agreed 100%, it amazes me that people don't think Kizaru is light speed without Yata no kagami, instead they say he is only hypersonic or something, in the admirals vs yamaji thread, they say he wins based on flight and tanking that city buster, how will that help with concenstrated light going through his head? 

I know thae argument that he is light speed only in light form, just like akainu is only hot in magma form, however it's different, Aokiji can still freez other without turning into ice, and Jozu can still be diamond hard without turning into diamond (Depending on if he is a paremecia or logia) 
Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@Shitsumon said:
" Rayleigh stopped Kizaru's attack on Zoro, because he blindsided him, he was also a master of haki, on top of that Kizaru was being careless. Trying to apply real world science to shonen is also silly,
How do you blindside someone traveling at the speed of light?  They can be hundreds of miles away in like 0.1 seconds?.  A guy being arrogant about his speed doesn't equal light speed.  Especially if he's getting caught in attacks that don't make sense for a person who can distance themselves from anything light speed or slower by miles in split seconds.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,298 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I think Kizaru's attack are at the speed of light, but not his speed
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Kizaru when turned into light, IS LIGHT.
Therefore surely he must move at light speed. 

However when not in light form I do not believe he has lightspeed reaction or fighting speed. 

Also I am not biased to DB. 
Being biased here means you say a character wins when they have no chance, if you can actually provide a detailed, good reason with sources as to the outcome of the battle, then you are not bias.  

I simply argue on many DB threads because I see ppl take things out of context, use dub lines, low ball, or simply miss info, and I feel I can help provide info or correct errors. 
@sickVisionz said:
" @Shitsumon said:
" Rayleigh stopped Kizaru's attack on Zoro, because he blindsided him, he was also a master of haki, on top of that Kizaru was being careless. Trying to apply real world science to shonen is also silly,
How do you blindside someone traveling at the speed of light?  They can be hundreds of miles away in like 0.1 seconds?.  A guy being arrogant about his speed doesn't equal light speed.  Especially if he's getting caught in attacks that don't make sense for a person who can distance themselves from anything light speed or slower by miles in split seconds. "

Kizaru was holding still while he did that, he had Zoro pinned down, while Kizaru was charging the attack Silver came from the side and diverted the attack. It's not being arrogant when he controls the very element.
Post by Shitsumon (132 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@sickVisionz said:
" @Shitsumon said:
How do you blindside someone traveling at the speed of light?  They can be hundreds of miles away in like 0.1 seconds?.  A guy being arrogant about his speed doesn't equal light speed.  Especially if he's getting caught in attacks that don't make sense for a person who can distance themselves from anything light speed or slower by miles in split seconds. "
Simple, they are not paying attention, Kizaru was a logia so he assumed that the no one could stop him anyway, Rayleigh had haki and surprised him, he was not even paying attention really.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
"Kizaru when turned into light, IS LIGHT.Therefore surely he must move at light speed.  However when not in light form I do not believe he has lightspeed reaction or fighting speed.   Also I am not biased to DB. Being biased here means you say a character wins when they have no chance, if you can actually provide a detailed, good reason with sources as to the outcome of the battle, then you are not bias.   I simply argue on many DB threads because I see ppl take things out of context, use dub lines, low ball, or simply miss info, and I feel I can help provide info or correct errors.  "

Why? He kicked Hawkins at light speed and he was not turned into light. He does not need yata no kagami, we see him warp around. Even so he cana ctivate the ability at light speed almost instan can he not? Much like almsot every logia in the show. I did not mean bias in a bad way, I meant it as in you had much liking for the show and debated for it when you could, not that you were arrogant of it, I guess favored would be a better word.
@Shitsumon: When he kicks, his leg turns into light, and yes it moves at the speed of light.  
Post by taichokage (13,616 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yeah not much argument against this. Kizaru is light, thus moves at the speed of light. I think many are against the idea that OP has the fastest character currently out of the HST since there are about as many Bleach fans and more Naruto fans.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
OP is my favorite anime/manga ever.
I try not to be bias.

IMO
Kizaru can travel and kick with the speed of light.
His reaction time is not light speed.
@Mortein: Exactly, he has hyper sonic reactions, but his movement and attacks are light speed. Glad someone agree.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Shitsumon: hey thanks for mentioning me its nice to be known as the one of the few who fight for OP since its always cornered
Post by Mezmero (69 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Kizaru's light speed and energy evasion are clearly a result of the fruit, but he is able to utilize things like explosive beams, and precision light travel thanks to his fighting strength (i.e. Haki).  The best evidence to support the disconnect between Kizaru's reaction time and his power are depicted best in the TV show interestingly enough.  His voice actor perfectly captures a guy who is so comfortable with his power that he constantly talks like he's laid back and on vacation.

Of course this is all my own inane personal views on this matter.  I essentially started all of this theorizing from the Luffy vs Crocodile fights where they say (paraphrasing) "Depending on how you use the fruit, its uses can grow and become stronger."  Consider how One PIece characters that are super tall aren't designed that way because they're basketball players, but to show how physically strong they are.  The sheer height of the admirals shows that they have more strength than merely logia powers.  For all I know some of you manga readers are further enough in the story to better understand the nature of these powers but I'd rather not be spoiled about them. 
Na, its a big hyperbole. 
Show me him moving from point A to point B at light speed or else he simply is NOT lightspeed.  

Thats the way things are being judged these days. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel