One Piece 672 - Dude You Have Something On Your Face

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on June 27, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 2 years ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,157 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hello, everyone. Welcome to another One Piece Chapter Review, sickVisionz - Bleach Manga #498 - Why Am I Getting My @$$ Kicked and Naruto Manga #591 - 2 Legit 2 Quit. Also check out takashichea - Fall 2012 Anime Trailer: Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic, Anime Wrap-Up: Legend of Korra Season 1 Finale Discussion/Debate & Weekly Fairy Tail: Ep. 136 - True Evil Revisited!.

Cover

Chapter 672: My Name Is Kinemon!!
Chapter 672: My Name Is Kinemon!!

This week cover page is Zoro vs Sanji with a rabbit & a turtle on there backs (with guns) racing. I like this one, that all I have to say

Summary

What That On Your Face?
What That On Your Face?

In the research facility, Law is confronted by the mysterious man, Velgo. Law then attempts to fight him, but is instantly knock back down and then is knock out by a steel bamboo stick. Outside, CC has KO Franky, Robin, Smoker & Tashigi without even touching any of them. The G-5 Marines wonder if it is Conqueror's Haki. At the lake, Brook & Zoro are arguing how to deal with the Slime, while Sanji in Nami's body saves the samurai's torso from being eaten by a shark and being poison to death, by escaping using Blue Walk. The reconstructed samurai introduces himself as Kinemon of Foxfire, and easily destroys the Slime around them with his Foxfire attack.

The Good

AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!

+ Velgo's design and his power

+ Someone bigger is behind CC

+ Brook & Zoro arguing

+ Kinemon Oda's box

+ Kinemon cutting the Slime and the explosion in half

The Bad

- Smoker, Robin, Tashigi and Franky being taken down off panel

- The G-5 Marines not doing anything

- Nami's body able to KO a shark

- Wondering how CC know of Law have betray him

My Quick Thoughts

Huh, I wondering if Velgo eat an Alchemy Devil Fruit and also what is that thing on his face? It seems like CC make a Conqueror's Haki poison, but it probably not true

Overall

This was a ok chapter, it answers some questions. The next one probably would be awesome

I'll give this chapter a 3 out of 5, it was an ok chapter

1 is really bad, 2 is bad but have some good scenes, 3 is OK, 4 is good and 5 is Awesome!

Also please support the official release

Post by taichokage (12,443 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That Velgo must be crazy powerful. Taking out a shichibukai effortlessly is no small feat and the guy just finished beating a logia Vice Admiral. I think his ability is a mass, mass fruit. Able to increase or decrease the mass of anything near his person. It would explain why Law collapsed just being near him and how he knocked his lights out with a bamboo stick. The other explanation would be he has a monstrous haki including the kings haki. But I wonder who's behind Caesar. It seems like multiple levels of deception are going on.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,134 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i dont know weather hes stronger than law, or this "problem" that law has is more than e think it is. I wonder what this "problem" really is?

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@taichokage said:

That Velgo must be crazy powerful. Taking out a shichibukai effortlessly is no small feat and the guy just finished beating a logia Vice Admiral. I think his ability is a mass, mass fruit. Able to increase or decrease the mass of anything near his person. It would explain why Law collapsed just being near him and how he knocked his lights out with a bamboo stick. The other explanation would be he has a monstrous haki including the kings haki. But I wonder who's behind Caesar. It seems like multiple levels of deception are going on.

I think that there is someone with that power already. Remember Miss valentine from the Boroque works saga? She couldnt necisarily control mass around the person, but the was able to increase and decrease her own body mass

Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I was surprised at how powerful Kinemon is. He got Zoro's respect, so kudos to him; maybe Zoro'll ask to be trained by him?

Also, as for that thing on his face, it's obviously a mutton chop (terrible pun, I know, but I can see Oda using it)

Post by taichokage (12,443 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Nah I don't think Valentine counts. Like you said she could only use it on herself and could only go up to to something like 10,000 lbs. Velgo has already shown to use it on himself and objects. Maybe it isn't mass, maybe it's just transforming into a super strong material like Jozu or Daz Bones but he can extend it to other objects. We'll find out soon though.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: You know I was thinking something like that. I was thinking he might have a gravity based devil fruit but then I remembered that last chapter Law went down clutching his heart and bleeding from the mouth. Maybe his devil fruit controls blood or something and even when he struck Law his arm also went black. Maybe it's something similar to how Luffy makes his fists go black.

Edit: How come you don't post this in the manga section?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel