One Piece 671 - Monkey D. Luffy The Fastest Thing Alive

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on June 13, 2012. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hello, everyone. Welcome to another One Piece Chapter Review, sickVisionz Bleach Manga #496 Hitler Stole the Bankai review is up, go check it out if you are a fan of Bleach. Also check out The Summer Anime 2012 by takashichea and Persona 3 get Green light By FoxxFireArt

Cover Page

Chapter 671: The Gas-Gas Fruit
Chapter 671: The Gas-Gas Fruit

This weeks cover page is Nami dress up like Cinderella (probably robbing a royal ball blind) with two mice and Chopper as a get away Carriage. I enjoy this cover page, it tell a nice little story (of Nami robbing people blind)

Summary

Law & Monet Sitting In A Tree
Law & Monet Sitting In A Tree

The Slime continues to spit pieces of itself across the lake, poisoning the lake in the process. Brook recognize the blob from a dirty book he have red. Despite this, Sanji who is in Nami's body decide to dives in to the lake and searches for the samurai's torso, since he/she is the fastest swimmer of Zoro's group. At the lab, Law asks Monet to accompany him through the laboratory, saying he want to borrow her powers. CC slips out of Luffy's hold, and demonstrates the combat abilities of his Devil Fruit as the two fight each other. Although Luffy appears unharmed after all of CC's poisonous and explosive attacks, he spontaneously collapses and CC laughs in triumph. Shortly after, Law suddenly falls down injured in the laboratory, before being confronted by a mysterious figure he recognizes.

The Good

+Brook recognize the Slime from a dirty book

I Also Need Duck Tape
I Also Need Duck Tape

+The Samurai & Sanji who in Nami's body want to borrow the book

+The part with Monet & Law

+The Fight with Luffy & CC

+Franky suggesting to put CC into a barrel

The Bad

-I have to wait two weeks to see who is the mysterious person is

-Also Oda forgot to make Sanji in Nami's body coat disappear, when he/she take it off

My Thoughts

Man, this was an awesome chapter. It have great fighting and it move the story along. I got some theories of who is the mysterious person at the end of the chapter. It might be Joker, since Law was surprise seeing him there or its Kuzan (Aokiji) judging from his feet, and he might of stay on the island or it could be Vegapunk

Overall

This was an awesome chapter, it got me hype up for next chapter in two weeks

I'll give this chapter a 4.5 out of 5, it was an awesome chapter but having to wait two weeks drop the rating down

So what did you guys think of the chapter?

1 is really bad, 2 is bad but have some good scenes, 3 is OK, 4 is good and 5 is Awesome!

Beep Beep
Beep Beep

Also please support the official release

Post by Dekken (532 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I'll give this chapter a 4 out of 5.

It was a funny chapter, I liked the fight between Luffy and Caesar and I'm very curious about that mysterious guy, I suppose he is the same person Law was talking about when he said to Caesar "What a nasty guy you're... reminds me of someone...".

Thanks for this chapter review.

By the way Monet is my favorite character from this arc, she is really beautiful in her human form, but I still don't know if she ate a Devil Fruit or if Caesar experimented with her.

@Dekken:

No problem, thanks for commenting

Monet is one of my favorite (next to Law) of this Arc to, it seems that she might be planning something (she might be the master mind behind this island LOL!)

Post by taichokage (15,459 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I have to say that at long last it is refreshing to see Luffy finally strike a logia. I predict Smoker finally suffering defeat in their next encounter. But cool chapter. Interesting though that both Luffy and Law collapsed. I wonder what is causing this.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

does anyone have any theories on why luffy and law collapsed? do you think it was a related incident or that it was just coincidence?

@Haofan123:

Well, the way I see it. Law was attack by the mysterious guy (since he said who over there) and Luffy probably got poison by CC, since CC's poison might be stronger then Magellan's poison

@taichokage:

Well, Luffy did strike Crocodile, Blackbeard and Caribou before this

Thanks, both of you for commenting

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Haofan123:

Well, the way I see it. Law was attack by the mysterious guy (since he said who over there) and Luffy probably got poison by CC, since CC's poison might be stronger then Magellan's poison

That sounds believable. I personally think the incidents may be related, but you are probably right Plus, it has sort of become a recuring theme that luffy will lose to the main antagonist of a story arc at least once before beating him into the ground in the rematch

Post by Username_Undefined (90 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Haofan123 said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Haofan123:

That sounds believable. I personally think the incidents may be related, but you are probably right Plus, it has sort of become a recuring theme that luffy will lose to the main antagonist of a story arc at least once before beating him into the ground in the rematch

It could be possible that CC has a more potent poison than Magellan, but I personally doubt it. Magellan's Devil Fruit is that of poison while CC's is gases. I think that Magellan has the most potent poison in the entire One Piece world. That said, not all gases are poisonous. My theory is that it was some kind of knockout gas. Just because Luffy's immune to poison doesn't mean that he's immune to One Piece's chloroform (or laughing gas...Oda, please make that happen).

I don't have the slightest clue for Law, but he was coughing blood when he was on the floor. That's never good. I hope we finally get to meet Vegapunk. Based on the dialog, mystery man seems to have known Law from his younger life. Thoughts on the possibility of it being Vegapunk who raised/fathered Law?

Also, all of these "CC"s keeps making me thing of Code Geass.

Post by takashichea (14,493 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Great job on the One Piece review! Wish I get on the One Piece, but you guys and gals are on chapter 671.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: Just join lol. I did a while back, I joined just before the Impel Down arc and Whitebeard War and then I just went on OP wiki to fill in all the gaps. Trust me it's the greatest manga ever imo. Someone once said OP wasn't just a manga but a religion! Lol, I wouldn't go that far but it's damn good.

@ohgodwhy said:

@takashichea: Just join lol. I did a while back, I joined just before the Impel Down arc and Whitebeard War and then I just went on OP wiki to fill in all the gaps. Trust me it's the greatest manga ever imo. Someone once said OP wasn't just a manga but a religion! Lol, I wouldn't go that far but it's damn good.

You should go back and read the rest as well. the wiki may fill in the gaps, but it just doesnt give you that fullfilling feeling that reading the manga gives you. It may take awhile, but its completely worth it

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Haofan123: Yeah I will soon. I've read parts but I definitely want to read the Skypeia arc, just haven't really gotten around to it yet.

@takashichea:

Well, 671 chapters isn't that bad. I was able to reread all of my One Piece books in one week (I have all of the English volumes). But I a pretty fast reader and I have a two hour bus ride, so it probably different for other people

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel