Official Anime/ Manga Villians Voting Tournament Thread

Topic started by Dream on April 18, 2014. Last post by Gojira1234 5 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Dream (8,131 posts) See mini bio Level 21

We have our 32 villains set up. It's time to get this tournament rolling. The rules for this tournament aren't much different from the Harem Tourney. I will post a set of two matches every 3-4 days, where you get to vote for whichever villain you think is the best in each matchup. Whichever villain has the most votes by the deadline will advance to the next round. In the event of a tie, I will determine who will advance.

As a refresher, here are all the villains that will be involved in this tournament:

1. Griffith (Berserk)
  2. Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)
  3. Johan Liebert (Monster)
  4. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  5. Younger Toguro (Yuyu Hakusho)
  6. Frieza (Dragon Ball franchise)
  7. Light Yagami (Death Note)
  8. Lordgenome (Gurren Lagann)
  9. Donquixote Doflamingo (One Piece)
  10. Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
  11. Cell (Dragon Ball franchise)
  12. Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
  13. Anti-Spiral (Gurren Lagann)
  14. Ragyo Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
  15. Orochimaru (Naruto)

16. Makoto Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)

17. Shinobu Sensui (Yuyu Hakusho)

18. Naraku (Inuyasha)
  19. Gilgamesh (Fate franchise)
  20. Char Aznable (Gundam franchise)
  21. Byakuran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
  22. Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater)
  23. Hades (Saint Seiya)
  24. Gakuho Asano (Assassination Classroom)
  25. Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  26. Yoshikage Kira (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  27. Kakine Teitoku (ToAru franchise)
  28. Yuno Gasai (Future Diary)
  29. King Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  30. Joa (Toriko)
  31. Blackbeard (One Piece)
  32. Midora (Toriko)

With this information out of the way, let us start up the first set of matches for this First Round of the tournament:

Match #1

Known as the Dark Chef, this androgynous 500-year old man was well known as a Super Cook centuries earlier before his dark deeds and rule breaking led him to be an infamous name as such where his name was lost in the annals of history. He is the leader of NEO, a secret organization between the world's wealthiest individuals seeking the holy ingredients of Acacia's Full Course Menu. He was involved in the revival of the Four Beast, a giant plant-like monster that was unleashed to eat up the human populace to use in its spawning of monsters and whom gave the Four Heavenly Kings difficulty when they tried to stop its wrath. This is Toriko's Joa.

And his opponent...

This Level 5 esper in Academy City is obsessed with wanting to be the strongest of the espers, even if he must kill others in order to do so. He was involved with the organization SCHOOL that attempted to defy Aleister Crowley's authority in his plans with the Accelerator Project. He attempts killing Accelerator at several points in the franchise to gain his status as the number one Level 5 esper in Academy City, even able to regenerate his entire body through use of his Dark Matter ability to have the opportunity of facing Accelerator again. This is the ToAru franchise's Kakine Teitoku.

Round #2

A former spirit detective, this young man was devoted to his job of stopping demon threats that came upon the human world. But upon seeing the tortures humanity would unleash upon demons, this man's fragile psyche became shattered with the revelation and developed a multiple personality disorder as his way to cope with the trauma. Mentally scarred from this experience and desiring vengeance on humanity for their depraved acts, this man sought to destroy the barrier between the human and demon worlds so the demon world's strongest demons could be unleashed on humanity, leading Yusuke and his comrades to have to confront him. This is Yuyu Hakusho's Shinobu Sensui.

And his opponent...

A well-known mobile suit pilot fighting for the Principality of Zeon, this man is well known for his charismatic personality and formidable fighting skills on the battlefield as a Newtype. Serving as villain, anti-hero and hero at various points in the Universal Century continuity of the Gundam franchise, this man is known to manipulate others at points for his personal cause in trying to protect Spacenoids against the threat of Earth Federation influence. At his peak as a threat, he was the leader of the revived Neo Zeon faction who plotted to drop the massive asteroid base, Axis, onto the Earth. His constant rival that stood against him in his goals was the young Federation Gundam pilot, Amuro Ray. This is the Gundam franchise's Char Aznable.

Voting will last until either Monday or Tuesday. Have fun voting!

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,064 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Joa and Char

Post by taichokage (14,854 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Round 1 Joa. Round 2 I think I'll go with Char. Too bad I only know him vaguely.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Kakine and the red comet, Char Aznable

Post by Vapovile (2,170 posts) See mini bio Level 16

1. Kakine

2. Char

Post by Bigheart711 (4,186 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Match 1: Joa

Match 2: Shinobu

Bumping this up. After one day, Joa leads the first match 3-2 and Char leads the second one 4-1.

Bumping again. Score's still the same as last time. I'll give this another day for voting since the first match's outcome can still change with another vote.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,741 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now
are we voting for the better villian in terms of character or in a fight?

@waybig1010101: Character.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,741 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now
Ok then im going with joa and char
Post by takashichea (13,862 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I feel bad that I didn't even see this thread since I turn on every thread in my preference board.

1. Toriko
  2. Gundam
Post by Yuno_Shiki (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Kakine Teitoku and Sensui both get my votes ;)

Voting time is now up, Joa and Char were able to win their matches and will face off in the next round of the tournament. Time for the next set of matches:

Match 1

This man was a former hitokiri for the Meiji government who took the place of Kenshin Himura when he became a wanderer. With the government fearing his skills and the secrets he has on its sketchy aspects, they attempted to assassinate him by burning his body. However, this man survived the attempt on his life at the cost of much of his body being severely burnt. Seeking to overthrow the Meiji government and instituting his own rule of “survival of the fittest” upon Japan, this man organizes his own team of swordsmen called the Juppongatana to aid in his efforts. This is Rurouni Kenshin's Makoto Shishio.

And his opponent...

This bizarrely dressed man is the captain of the Donquixote Pirates and part of a group of seven powerful pirates affiliated with the World Government called the Shichibukai. He is known for his carefree and arrogant attitude in battle, with a habit of delivering dramatic phrases and exaggerated poses. Despite his comical demeanor though, he is a dangerous foe with his Ito Ito no Mi Devil Fruit power that gives him the ability to control extremely thin strings that he can use to either control his foes like puppets or cut them up into pieces. He became a major threat to Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates during the events of the Punk Hazard Arc when Law betrayed the Donquixote Pirates and made an alliance with the Straw Hats. This is One Piece's Donquixote Doflamingo.

Match 2

This demented teenage girl has a fanatic romantic obsession in male lead Yukiteru Amano, which leads her to assist Yukiteru in the survival game laid out for them and ten other individuals by the god of space and time, Deus Ex Machina. Wanting to protect and ensure that Yukiteru's attention is committed solely on her, this girl is willing to kill others and commit other heinous acts all for the boy's love, whether it involves others involved in the survival game or innocents whom Yukiteru befriends. This is Future Dairy's Yuno Gasai.

And her opponent...

While his origins differ depending on the continuity of his series, they all share the same connection in that this man is not whom he seems on the surface. While seeming to be the understanding and considerate military leader of the country of Amestris, this man is one of seven homunculus created by a bigger evil who uses this man's authority to escalate tensions that Amestris has with other nations in order to fuel the powerful gems known as Philosopher's Stones. A formidable swordsman, this man's skills are further enhanced by his Ultimate Eye which grants him the power of precognition in predicting his opponent's moves in the heat of battle. This is Fullmetal Alchemist's King Bradley.

Voting will end either Friday or Saturday. Have fun voting!

Post by taichokage (14,854 posts) See mini bio Level 20
This round is already harder. But I'll vote Round 1. Doflamingo and Round 2. Bradley.
Post by takashichea (13,862 posts) See mini bio Level 25
  • Doflamingo
  • Yuno Gasai

Bradley to me is not a strong villain. He is like a samurai fighting for the wrong side, but he has honor (Brotherhood only since the original series portrayed him as a bad father) if I recall correctly.

Yuno Gasai is more demented and brutal in her methods.

Post by Yuno_Shiki (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I'll be voting for mr Doflamingo, and Yuno Gasai.

In the case of the latter, I tend to favor Gasai because of the choices in her round, she's literally in it for the evil and pleasure of yandere.

Post by Vapovile (2,170 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Match 1: Doflamingo

Match 2: Yuno Gasai

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Shishio

Yuno

After one day of voting, Doflamingo leads the first match 4-1 and Yuno leads the second one 4-1.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel