Official Anime/ Manga Teams/ Organizations Voting Tourney Thread

Topic started by Dream on July 11, 2014. Last post by Bigheart711 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Dream (8,310 posts) See mini bio Level 21

With the largest tournament setup I've had on Vice thus far, let us now begin the Teams/ Organizations Tourney. The rules for this aren't much different from my prior tournaments. I will post a set of matches every 3-4 days for folks to decide which team/ organization they think is the best in a matchup. Whichever team gets the most votes within that time will advance to the next round. In the event of a tie, I will make the winning vote in said match.

As a refresher, here are all the teams involved in this large tournament:

1. Akatsuki (Naruto)
  2. Espada (Bleach)
  3. Phantom Troupe (Hunter x Hunter)
  4. Shichibukai (One Piece)
  5. Seven Deadly Sins (Seven Deadly Sins)
  6. Patch Tribe (Shaman King)
  7. Team Fairy Tail (Fairy Tail)
  8. Ouran Host Club (Ouran High School Host Club)
  9. SOS Brigade (Haruhi Suzumiya franchise)
  10. Shibusen (Soul Eater)
  11. Scouting Legion (Attack on Titan)
  12. Z Warriors (Dragon Ball Z)
  13. Hao Asakura's Followers (Shaman King)
  14. Four Heavenly Kings (Toriko)
  15. Gotei 13 (Bleach)
  16. Vongola Famiglia (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
  17. Team Urameshi (Yuyu Hakusho)
  18. Stardust Crusaders (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  19. The Saints (Saint Seiya)
  20. Bishokukai (Toriko)
  21. Pillar Men (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  22. Straw Hat Pirates (One Piece)
  23. Hotel Moscow (Black Lagoon)
  24. Band of the Hawk (Berserk)
  25. Lagoon Company (Black Lagoon)
  26. Oniwabanshu (Rurouni Kenshin)
  27. Tendo Civil Security (Black Bullet)
  28. Game Club (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
  29. Ryozanpaku (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)
  30. The Elite Four (Kill la Kill)
  31. Front Six (Medaka Box)
  32. Koko's Squad (Jormungand)
  33. Generation of Miracle (Kuroko no Basket)
  34. Seven Seas Alliance Generals (Magi)
  35. Fake Game Creation Club (D-Frag)
  36. All Jokers (Medaka Box)
  37. Seirin High - (Kuroko no Basket)

38. God's Right Seat (ToAru franchise)
  39. Homunculus (Fullmetal Alchemist franchise)
  40. Dai-Gurren Brigade (Gurren Lagann)
  41. Hellsing Organization (Hellsing)
  42. Organization XIII (Kingdom Hearts)
  43. Gekkostate (Eureka 7)
  44. Section 9 (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
  45. Beck (Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad)
  46. NERV (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
  47. Social Welfare Agency (Gunslinger Girl)
  48. Millennium Organization (Hellsing)
  49. Crew of the Orphan (666 Satan)
  50. SSS (Angel Beats)
  51. Shinpaku Alliance (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)
  52. Monsters of a Neuro (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
  53. Deimon Devil Bats (Eyeshield 21)
  54. Roy Mustang's Unit (Fullmetal Alchmeist)
  55. Yorozuya Gin-Chan (Gintama)
  56. Team 7 (Naruto)
  57. HOLY (s-CRY-ed)
  58. The Banchou Alliance (Kongou Banchou)
  59. The Dark Student Council (Kongou Banchou)
  60. Team Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
  61. Hunter Association (Hunter x Hunter)
  62. Ginyu Force (Dragon Ball Z)
  63. The Syndicate (Darker than Black)
  64. Seven Ghosts (Claymore)

With the rules and entrant listing out of the way, let us start up our first set of matches:

Match #1

In a post-apocalyptic future where humanity live underground in fear of the mutant beings called Beastmen, a human resistance movement is formed to combat the Beastmen threat. Led by the hot-blooded young man Kamina, this team is known to steal the Beastmen's personal mecha, Gunmen, for their personal use and for relying on reckless tactics in the heat of battle. The team would also reform years later to combat the threat of the alien being known as the Anti-Spiral. This is Gurren Lagann's Dai-Gurren Brigade.

Notable Members: Simon, Kamina, Yoko Littner, Nia, Boota, Rossiu Adai, Kittan Bachika, Leeron Littner, Dayakka Littner, Gimmy and Darry Adai, Bachika Sisters

And their opponents:

A race of highly superhuman humanoid-like beings, these four were once among a race of the most feared living beings on the planet known to eat ordinary humans. However, their race's “rule of evolution” and sensitivity to sunlight kept their numbers low and were bringing them to the brink of extinction. Awakening in the year 1938, these four seek to find a jewel called the Red Stone of Aja and wish to combine its power with the Stone Masks in hopes of becoming ultimate life forms that would allow them to overcome their weakness to sunlight. This is Jojo's Bizarre Adventures' Pillar Men.

Notable Members: Santana, Esidisi, Wamuu, Kars

Match #2

These four students of Honnoji Academy are beneath Satsuki Kiryuin in governing the high school with a merciless iron fist within its student council. As the top members of the student council, each of them wear a Three-Star Goku Uniform that greatly heighten their physical attributes and give them powerful abilities for their personal use. With Ryuko Matoi serving as a major threat to their influence at Honnoji, Satsuki has Ryuko go through these four in a gauntlet-style battle in order to get the right to combat Satsuki. As the series progresses, all is not what it seems with Satsuki and these four in terms of their purpose. This is Kill la Kill's Elite Four.

Notable Members: Ira Gamagori, Uzu Sanageyama, Nonon Jakuzure, Hoka Inumuta

And their opponents...

This group consists of several powerful and notorious pirates who have allied themselves with the World Government as privateers. They are used by the World Government to conquer other countries to expand their territory and keep other pirates in check. However, this group is known to not always follow their assigned orders and do not think very highly of one another. All of them have a very jaded outlook on life and are looked down upon by both Marines and other pirates due to either being considered sell-outs to the government or being no different from other pirates. This is One Piece's Shichibukai.

Notable Members: Dracule Mihawk, Donquixote Doflamingo, Bartholomew Kuma, Boa Hancock, Trafalgar Law, Buggy

Voting will end on either Monday or Tuesday. Have fun!

Post by Dekken (528 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Match 1: Dai-Gurren Brigade.

Match 2: Shichibukai.

Post by taichokage (15,441 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Round 1: Dai Gurren Brigade. Round 2: Shichibukai. A lot more epic and a lot more going for them overall.
Post by takashichea (14,451 posts) See mini bio Level 25
  1. Dai-Gurren Brigade
  2. Shichibukai

As much I love both Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann, One Piece's group had more diversity.

Post by Bigheart711 (4,212 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Dear lord. All those teams and I couldn't even thing of one. I feel so ashamed of myself.

Match 1: Dai-Gurren Brigade

Match 2: Hannouji Elite Four

Post by Vapovile (2,221 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

1. Dai Gurren

2. Elite 4

Bumping this up. Dai-Gurren Brigade runs unopposed with 5 votes and the Shichibukai have a slight lead 3-2.

Bump. Scores are still the same as yesterday. Unless I get any votes by tomorrow, I'll end matches at that time after I'm settled in from work.

Post by Yuno_Shiki (101 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Match one: The Gurren Lagan Group

Match 2: Voting for the Elite 4

Post by EVA_01 (1,756 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

1.Dai-Gurren

2.Shichibukai

Bumping up again. Dai-Gurren Brigade is still unopposed with 7 votes and the Shichibukai still barely lead 4-3.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

1 The one that's not Gurren Lagann

2 4 Devas

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,261 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Gurren Lagann

Shichibukai

And this set of matches is done. Gurren Lagann had a big lead and Shichibukai barely beat out the Elite Four. That means Team Dai-Gurren and Shichibukai are the first to advance to the next round. Now let us start up the next set of matches:

Match #1

A prominent global superpower within its series, the army of this alliance of countries are formed as a peacekeeping and defense force led by the King of Sindria, Sinbad. The countries within this alliance all contribute their military forces to be led by the rulers of each country within the alliance and have power as such to threaten the foreign influence and military expansion of the Kou Empire. This is Magi's Seven Seas Alliance Generals.

Notable Members: Sinbad, Jafar, Masrur, Yamraiha, Sharrkan, Pisti, Spartos, Hinahoho, Drakon, Armakan Amun-Ra, Mira Dianus Artemina, Rametoto, Darius Leoxses, Nerva Julius Caluades, Ignatius Alexius, Muu Alexius

And their opponents:

This group of Native American Shamans are responsible for overseeing the Shaman Fights that would decide the Shaman King. They are responsible for monitoring and testing the Shamans throughout the course of the competition, and have differing roles to fulfill in each stage of it. When the Shaman King is revealed, this group then become said chosen Shaman King's protectors. This is Shaman King's Patch Tribe.

Notable Members: Goldva, Silva, Kalim, Nichrom, Magna, Radim, Namari, Bron, Renim, Thalim, Rutherfor, Chrom

Match #2

This organization of students at the Afterlife School are formed as sort of a resistance movement to try provoking God's presence under the belief that God is somehow responsible for the sufferings all the members in this group had in their former lives in the living world. Led by Yuri, the group are known to provoke God via targeting the Afterlife School's student council president, Angel, under the belief that she is working with God. The group is broken down into several divisions that are responsible for purposes such as diversionary tactics, making weapons and gathering intelligence. This is Angel Beats' SSS.

Notable Members: Yuri, Chaa, Fujimaki, Hinata, Hisako, Irie, Iwasawa, Matsuhita, Naoi, Noda, Oyama, Otonashi, Sekine, Shiina, Saitou, TK, Takamatsu, Takeyama, Yui, Yusa

And their opponents...

Consisting of the wealthy Ouran High School's most attractive and popular male students, this school club is formed as a host club where the boys cater and entertain the female student body through a variety of themes they frequently change around. Each club member fulfill a specific character type they serve to charm their guests and is the only club within their school not to follow an athletic or cultural role. Things within their club become topsy-turvy when they unintentionally gain a female member named Haruhi Fujioka, a student whose androgynous appearance and habit of dressing in men's clothes lead many to mistake her as a boy. This is Ouran High School Club's titular group, the Ouran Host Club.

Notable Members: Tamaki Suoh, Kyoya Ootori, Mitsukuni “Honey” Haninozuka, Takashi “Mori” Morinozuka, Kaoru and Hikaru Hitachiin, Haruhi Fujioka

Voting will end on either Friday or Saturday. Have fun voting!

Post by taichokage (15,441 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Round 1: 7 Seas Alliance. Round 2: hmmm I'll have to go with the Rebels Against God. They were funny and deeper than expected as a group.
Post by Dekken (528 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Match 1: Seven Seas Alliance Generals

Match 2: SSS

Post by Gojira1234 (68 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I'm not really familiar with the first two, but I'm voting Ouran.

Seven Seas Alliance runs unopposed with 2 votes and SSS narrowly leads 2-1.

Bump. Unless I have any votes by tomorrow, I'll be ending this current set of matches.

Post by takashichea (14,451 posts) See mini bio Level 25

That link doesn't go to Seven Seas Alliance. It's Sindria's Eight Generals which I think I made a typo in the deck summary.

Sindria's Eight Generals are a group of powerful individuals who are part of Sinbad's Seven Seas Alliance.

should be

Sindria's Eight Generals are a group of powerful individuals led by Sinbad. Some of the individuals are from countries of the Seven Sea Alliance.

I didn't create the concept page yet. I create it by Thursday night after my meeting.

On-topic:

Match 1: Seven Seas Alliance Generals

Match 2: SSS

Ironically, I'm rewatching Angel Beats with a roommate from Church. I wanted to pick a special, first anime to watch together with her. I thought of this one. She loved Angel Beats.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel