NYCC: Dancing For Your Amusement

Topic started by gia on Feb. 10, 2009. Last post by Lunarmoth 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I love geek conventions. I love the costumes, the pranks, the spontaneous happenings. I wish I had all the time in the world to run up and down the halls and capture on film all the different amazing things you guys do! Unfortunately, I spent most of the convention trapped in a panel room, so I didn't get to do that. But that doesn't mean others didn't-- so here's some great footage from the convention floor!

A Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 tournament went down-- here's the final round for your perusal.

One of my favorite non-manga/anime-company booths at anime conventions is BeKyoot, which, um, makes really cute things. Mostly aprons and bags. They're awesome. And they had a mascot this time around, which you can now see doing a (teeny-tiny) dance:

And even more dancing...Catblue Dynamite appeared at Organic's booth once again-- and this time she was singing and dancing for our amusement. Epic, epic win. Or at least incredibly cute.

And of course, the one, the only, the requisite...Hare Hare Yukai. Complete with (worksafe) wardrobe malfunction. D'oh!

I also have a bunch more cosplay photos and interviews coming out, so stick around! I'll milk this con for the whole week if I can.

Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I've seen Mimi from Catblue Dynamite at a few cons before. Rrrrawr!
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Yeah, it would "never" be complete unless there is a Hare Hare Yukai dance....
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
....... odd....
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Oh gyah that dancing thing that looks like a marshmallow is sooo adorable *squishes it*

I have nothing to say for the Catblue Dynamite dance. Was it supposed to be a sexy or cute dance? I'm confused. XD

How did Faust dance Hare Hare Yukai with a mask on? Very good job on that cosplayer's part~~~
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Catblue Dynamite is a sensation.  I think we need more Catblue Dynamite.   :)
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Dance baby dance. *dance*

ps. Naruto should always get beat
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel