NSFW! Super Soniko: Would you buy?

Topic started by ethan on April 8, 2009. Last post by Bouke 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Hhh'ok, I just landed on this figure of Super Soniko at DannyChoo.com and thought, "Ok, lets find out more"  I've never been a collector, never been a figure collector.  But I've always been amazed at people who are -- and I've been curious about why and what makes them want to buy figures. 

Sonico -- according to some quick googling -- isn't even in any Manga/Anime.  She's a mascot to some yearly event called "Nitro Super Sonic".  It seems to me that in order to *want* a figure you'd want to know a story behind it or is that too simplistic?  I always thought the driving force behind collecting was to get closer to a story line, to bring it into a 3D world.  What do you think?

More pics (here)
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Very...interesting.  Would I buy this?  No.  You bring up a good point about 'knowing' the character.  My space now is limited.  If I'm going to buy something to display, it's gotta be something I'm really into.  With something like this, where would you display it?  Not something you'd want when the family comes to visit.  Maybe it's something to keep hidden in your closet? 
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I tend to buy figures I know unless it's an amazing deal (like single digits). My shelf space is very limited. I really need to buy a dedicated bookshelf for my figures one day,
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
GMan said:
"Very...interesting.  Would I buy this?  No.  You bring up a good point about 'knowing' the character.  My space now is limited.  If I'm going to buy something to display, it's gotta be something I'm really into.  With something like this, where would you display it?  Not something you'd want when the family comes to visit.  Maybe it's something to keep hidden in your closet? 
"
Yeah the figure itself is *risque*.  Prolly should change one of the gallery images above too since its NSFW, oops!

BUT I more mean do you collectors buy figures that there is no story for?  Like the one above.

Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
First, like the figure. Well, I guess I get something that I know.
On the side note, why the nipple is always pink, there also dark nipple.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I would buy her if I had free space and a ton of extra cash. I haven't yet bought a figure that I don't know her from somewhere. I am not opposed to the idea it's just tht I find it much more appealing to buy a character girl that I already am in love with. I refuse to buy low quality or average quality figures too anymore regardless if it's a character I like since I think it's a waste of money to buy average or below-average goods.(ie. cheap)
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I agree with GMan, I need to know the figure I'm buying. I don't know this one so, no I would not buy it. I have the space and I could probably scratch up the money for it I just don't care for that figure.
ethan
said:
BUT I more mean do you collectors buy figures that there is no story for?  Like the one above.
The only reason I would buy one with no story is if I was really impressed with it.
Post by Bouke (16 posts) See mini bio Level 2

I wouldn´t buy it unless its from a anime / manga i know and love, so no... And looking at the comments most of us feel that way (up until now anyways), so i wonder if there is a market for figures without a context or relation to some known property.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel