'North Korea Kidnapped' Daughter Still Alive?

Topic started by gia on March 11, 2009. Last post by JELEINEN 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I've mentioned before the manga North Korea Kidnapped My Daughter, an amazing true story about a mother whose 13-year-old daughter who disappeared, only to have her name appear again twenty years later-- as someone North Korea admitted to having kidnapped, but was claimed dead when other abductees were later returned. The manga was published in English by Vertical earlier this year.

Now a former North Korean agent claims that although the daughter, Megumi Yokota, had been admitted to a hospital due to her mental state, that her condition was “not that severe” and that he thinks she's probably not dead.

The agent, Kim Hyon Hui, said this while meeting with the family of another abductee, Yaeko Taguchi, who Kim also believes is alive-- and who may have taught Kim Japanese in the first place. Here's hoping that the abductees are able to return home someday.

Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Wow that is so sad.  I imagine North Korea to be very Orwellian ( 1984 ) and perhaps nightmare dream like.  I picture the government just screwing with people's minds for no reason over simple stuff, just to see what they can get away with.  Like perhaps making it snow in summer and be sunny in winter, utilizing expensive technology... for no other reason then to experiment on people.
Post by JELEINEN (49 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Sometimes I think that maybe we should have just let McArthur have his way.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel