News: A Remake of the Sailor Moon Anime is Totally Confirmed!

Topic started by Bigheart711 on July 6, 2012. Last post by rhapsody_my_ass 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,775 posts) See mini bio Level 21
This is more of a reason to be in shock and awe, but it's definitely not a bad thing, Rei.
This is more of a reason to be in shock and awe, but it's definitely not a bad thing, Rei.

Apparently, there was an announcement from the manga version's author Naoko Takeuchi, Kodansha Japan and an idol band named Momoiro Clover Z, during a live concert performance that was also the celebration of the franchise's 20th Anniversary during an anime convention in France. A new anime adaptation (a TV Series reboot) of the Sailor Moon manga is in the works and is planned for a Summer 2013 release. Kotono Mitsuishi (Usagi/Serena's JPN Voice Actor) and Tohru Furuya (Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask's JPN Voice Actor) were present in the convention event, but didn't confirm if they were going to reprise their roles for the reboot yet, but the creators and staff intend to release the series worldwide like they did with the manga re-releases. Either way, this is a good enough reason for fans of the franchise to be excited. (...or are you? I hope so! <3)

Source: AnimeNewsNetwork

Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
JoJo anime, Sailormoon anime, and EVO. What a great weekend!
Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Petiew: Agreed awesome news.
Post by takashichea (11,696 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I thought I commented last night.

Whoo! I remember watching Sailor Moon with the guys back in middle school. This is great news.

Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11

This makes me extremely happy :)

Post by 99_cells (7 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I already caught word of the Manga remake some time ago......Ergo, this was inevitable.

Post by AURON570 (563 posts) See mini bio Level 15

cool story (bro): I sung the english version of the sailor moon theme at one of my pre-school's talent shows when I was a toddler.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

So I caught an episode of Sailor Moon a while back, having never watched it before. I don't know if any of you have watched it recently (as opposed to just having fond memories of it) but the dub is so hilariously bad I actually burst out laughing. It's so awful!

Anyway, it's great to hear such a popular series is getting a reboot, maybe it will bring some old fans back into anime, that would be cool.

Post by sickVisionz (4,255 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I might check this out but it really depends on the animation studio. The old series had some pretty awesome animation and people like Evangelion's Hideaki Anno doing animation direction. Hopefully this goes to some really great studio that can live up to that caliber of work.

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@sickVisionz said:

The old series had some pretty awesome animation and people like Evangelion's Hideaki Anno doing animation direction.

First time hearing of that, where did you get that information?

Post by sickVisionz (4,255 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@shels: I read it in a Sakuga Sunday article on Crunchyroll and have seen it mentioned on a few other sites. Also, it wasn't animation director, it was storyboards.

Anyways, I've never actually seen an episode of Sailor Moon but this new series has a lot to live up to in terms of animation, especially when I see old clips from like 1994 and they look this good:

Post by rhapsody_my_ass (10 posts) See mini bio Level 7

duh superhero or not, the skirt is unacceptable. Sailor Moonie, goodness why is this anime even getting a revival. Not going to watch it, whatsoever.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel