New to anime.

Topic started by ChristinaAV on Sept. 10, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by ChristinaAV (28 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@MohsinMan99: Yep I have seen Summer Wars, that movie was crazy. It looked amazing though, I really like how colourful it was.

Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Digimon Movies 1&2 are good if you like Summer Wars

Eden of The East

My Bride is a Mermaid

The Wings of Honneamise

Spirited Away

Akira ( Brace Yourself this movie is kind of intense.)

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ChristinaAV: Kara no Kyoukai, seven movies, so it will keep you busy, but they can be pretty crudes sometimes

Higurashi no naku koro ni, funny, with adorable characters, comic situations :), murders, mistery, psychological, highly mind screw, a bit confusing ._.

Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

You've definitely received a great list of recommendations so far. In terms of more traditionally "anime"-animes, I'd recommend Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, and maybe (and I definitely say MAYBE) Neon Genesis Evangelion. Personally, I can't stand Evangelion and actually couldn't finish it when I tried to watch it, but most people seem to loooooooove their Evangelion. The same goes for Escaflowne, though I don't know if it's just vanilla Escaflowne people like or The Vision of Escaflowne.

If you're looking for an exit from anime, though, Cowboy Bebop is the way to go out in style. It acts almost nothing like an anime, it's brilliant, and, in the same way as Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, it kind of ruins most anime for you.

Post by ChristinaAV (28 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Thanks. I have been suffering from anime overload recently, and haven't been watching much. I watched some Usagi Drop, and Persona 4. I also watched Grave of the Fireflies, that was so sad!!

@LuffyDUzumaki: Akira is on my rental list, and I love Spirited Away!

@Levance: Thanks, I'll add it to the list.

@Little_Socrates: Persona 4 is amazing, I just love that world so much.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

it depends on your likes

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel