Naruto - Masashi Kishimoto Vs One Piece - Eiichiro Oda

Topic started by One_Piece_God on Jan. 13, 2012. Last post by ridtom2 9 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9

you have to be smoking that stough because the recent manga nocked my socks off when kabuto revealed to be a sage

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,244 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Haofan123:

Yeah, but in doing so oda achieved what he wanted to happen and that was having the fanbase hating him and looking forward to years in the future where luffy may finally get the chance to beat him down. And wouldnt the good side technically be the bad side or at least anti heros considering the fact that despite all the good they do they're still pirates who are viewed as morally wrong individuals in the eyes of thier justice system?

I don't hate Akainu, like I said above "he was doing his job". I like a guy who does his job right

I was talking about the reader point and view (Luffy is the good guy)

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Destinyheroknight said:

I was talking about the reader point and view (Luffy is the good guy)

I dont view luffy as the good guy. He's more of an anti hero in my book

so u both think one piece i think naruto

@tronboy said:

so u both think one piece i think naruto

...cool

i wont to go for naruto vs luffy both at peak no preptime

naruto vs ichigo both at peak no preptime

@tronboy:

This is about the story and characters, not about a battles

Post by othus12 (6,679 posts) See mini bio Level 13

to me one piece is the better.

to me eiichiro managed to make the emotional part better than kishi, there have been times i felt truly sad by watching one piece while the only thing that has made me sad in naruto was itachis death.

also oda has been more consistent with his characters and creates a lot more of personal development for each one, to me kishi left developing many many characters such as lee,ten ten,neji,sakura,kakashi and tons more.

moreover if we go by success oda deserves to be crowned as the best mangaka of his time (best seller )

@othus12 said:

moreover if we go by success oda deserves to be crowned as the best mangaka of his time (best seller )

If we go by success then he would be the best mangaka of all time period considering that one piece is the bestselling manga in history

Post by ohgodwhy (1,532 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@The Stegman: I meant that there's still so much in OP that has yet to be explained. Like the whole Void Century, Big Mom, Kaido who has yet to be shown, The Gorosei who are at the top of the World Government have yet to act, Commander-in-Chief Kong who is above even Sengoku, the final ultimate weapon, the meaning behind the poneglyphs etc etc. Each one of the things I've mentioned could take up huge arcs. That's what I love about OP, there's still so much mystery.

The other thing I like about One Piece are that there are still characters that can absolutely destroy Luffy. Which means there is still so much growth needed from Luffy in order to progress. Naruto's already one of the strongest in his universe now.

I guess what I mean to say is that Naruto is definitely good but I feel like it has peaked and is starting to go downhill now, at least for me anyway. I also don't like how Itachi has just become a standard character now, he was such a big villain in the past and was so mysterious and now he's just like "Oh hai, Sasuke". OP is definitely in its prime right now.

Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moved this to GD since its not really a Vs. battle
Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
One Piece in a clean sweep. It has incredible depth to the story and characters, even minor characters have great stories behind them. 
Post by One_Piece_God (543 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ohgodwhy said:

The other thing I like about One Piece are that there are still characters that can absolutely destroy Luffy. Which means there is still so much growth needed from Luffy in order to progress.

I'm going to follow you becuase of this statement here, 2 thumbs man :D.

Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Naruto, but I think One Piece is written better because Oda likes to plan more IMO

Both Jirayas death tugged on my heart strings and I really felt bad for Luffy when Ace died so yeah tie.

Both, I think the Kushina/Minato protect the village arc was brilliant also Cp9 was commendable.

History wise Kishi, overall world-build and character interactions Oda.

Neither that titile goes to Naoki Urasawa.

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

One Piece

The only reason i got into reading naruto was because I didn't like the enel arc

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I pick Naruto simply because Luffy is the most annoying anime character I have ever come across, he's like a dumber versions of Goku.

@sharingan_eyes:

I pick Naruto simply because Luffy is the most annoying anime character I have ever come across, he's like a dumber versions of Goku.

Really!? That is the only reason, also dumber version of Goku? Luffy seem smarter then him, since he wasn't tricked into getting married

@Destinyheroknight:  

@sharingan_eyes:

Really!? That is the only reason, also dumber version of Goku? Luffy seem smarter then him, since he wasn't tricked into getting married

It's not the only reason, but it is the most prominent  seeing as how he's the main character, thus he heavily infulences the enjoyment of the show. Luffy is the worst type of anime character trope in my opinion, the always happy character, happy that is until his friends are hurt then he gets mad, naive to the point of being stupid, over eating for comedic effect main protagonists.  I don't like how blunt Luffy is, he's one dimensional, I think Nami once said that he solves everything with his fists, it's true, at least Goku acts a bit more like a normal person, no one acts like Luffy. However that isn't the only reason I prefer Naruto to OP, I also think Naruto has smoother transitions, a more interesting world, with more interesting characters, better villains, and better animation/artwork.  
Also, OP is just too silly for me, it's ok to have some humor in anime, it's expected, but OP pushes it. Of course, this is all purely subjective, just my opinion 

@sharingan_eyes said:

I don't like how blunt Luffy is, he's one dimensional, I think Nami once said that he solves everything with his fists, it's true,

@Haofan123: That one scene doesn't counter the dozens  of times where he's just hit people because "he felt like it" 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel