My hate thread on toriko anime.

Topic started by othus12 on June 15, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by othus12 (8,010 posts) See mini bio Level 13

today i was bored at home had nothing to do at all so i thought hey lets watch toriko. i said to myself: well even if there is no blood its toriko and it should be awesome.

everything was cool i saw the intro with these well drawn characters and i tought: wow maybe they have improved!

-

i even went full fanboy when i saw toriko in front of gaoh

then the chapter starts.... and what do i get?

THIS

IM SORRY I JUST WENT FULL WTF FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT THIS WAS FAN ANIMATION.....SADDLY IT WASNT.

AFTER SOME MINUTES I DISCOVERED FROM THOSE BADLY DRAWN LINES THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO DO THIS:

OH BUT IT DIDNT END THERE OH NO THEY WERENT SATISFIED.

it also seems that wagon is fat on the anime

-

FAT AND STUPID WITH BROKEN FINGERS

and chiyo doesnt cut with her knife....she shoots LASER BEAMS.

as for the rest....well you guys judge for yourselves

-vs

-

the only thing done properly were the bubble fruits but how hard it is to do that??

seriously the quality of the animation was a huge let down and an insult to us fans and to the manga. i can believe shimabukuro allows something like this to be aired on TV. i guess money beats all.

have a nice day

othus out.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@othus12:

Dude, this is Toei. They only care about the money, since they know people will still buy the DVDs (they only go all out with movies)

They always like this with there long running anime, wish they go on breaks so the animation can get better

This is why I like reading the Manga (talking about One Piece) more then watching the Anime.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@othus12: LOL! Thanks to you I will stay away from the anime and only follow the manga! Thanks Othus for saving me! also the manga is going great! Coco is awesome!

Post by taichokage (15,441 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
It's sad really. The uncensored brutality is a notable aspect that separates Toriko from manga like the big three, Bleach to a lesser extent though as it. can get quite violent as well. I'm surprised though. I heard that the largest demograph of manga readers were People of highschool to graduate age. Does it get sensored for the relatively small group of younger children? I wonder. It just seems completely unnecessary.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15
The animation and the lack of blood is my only complaints. Other than that, its a pretty decent watch. I am definitely caught up. Same problems with One Piece's anime.

Same with Fairy Tail, the anime has no blood at all while the manga is. That is why I stayed away from the FT anime and stick to the manga.

@DBZ_universe: well at least in FT the levels of blood arent as high as in toriko. too bad they hd to censor it.

@othus12: That is very true.

Hey imagine if DBZ would be censored like this?

@DBZ_universe: lol! i wonder how would they show the scene where trunks kills frieza?

@othus12: LOL or when Goku blasted Cell and the time Gero Yamchad Yamcha lol I imagine they would cover up the blood with chocolate syrup

@DBZ_universe: yamcha'd yamcha LMAO!!! that was hilarious

or they would use smoke like in toriko -.-

@DBZ_universe:

Hey imagine if DBZ would be censored like this?

You know, you really don't need to imagine. It already happen

Also, be happy 4kids didn't get there hands on Toriko and Fairy Tail.

@othus12: LOL How about Hellsing?

@Destinyheroknight: Oh yeah, I forgot. DBZK

@DBZ_universe:

Also the Ocean Dub

@Destinyheroknight: Ocean Dub did that as well? I did not knew that. Thanks

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel