Most Useless Character of All Time

Topic started by waybig1010101 on Dec. 21, 2012. Last post by UltimateHero0406 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,070 posts) See mini bio Level 14

can u beat it

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I would say Lucy from Fairy Tail, she is useless in battle (still don't get why she can't learn any other magic)

Post by Acura_Max (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Pre-time skip Sakura. Not only is she useless in battle, but she is also a liability when someone aims for her.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,902 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Acura_Max: Well said.

Post by xtremekidx (35 posts) See mini bio Level 8

sorry but nothing compares to sakura...thread should be closed now..

Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Destinyheroknight said:

I would say Lucy from Fairy Tail, she is useless in battle (still don't get why she can't learn any other magic)

Lucy is actually pretty useful if you consider that all of that celestial spirits magic it's in fact her magic (she was the one who defeated Bixlow and Vidaldus Taka). There is alot of characters in Fairy Tail guild and it's hard to make them all of the same value, especially because there is some of them who needs to stand out like Natsu and Erza.

Post by 8000not9000 (32 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@xtremekidx: agreed

@bigz007:

But, if she lose her gate keys she is completely useless. (beside her whip) She have no other skills to fall back on. I play RPG and usually my summoners can learn more then just summons magic (just getting tire of her getting her butt handed to her)

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,778 posts) See mini bio Level 12

All of Ichigo's friends (Chad, Uyruu, Orihime, etc..), I don't know they just seem so useless after the Soul Society Arc

@Destinyheroknight said:

@bigz007:

But, if she lose her gate keys she is completely useless. (beside her whip) She have no other skills to fall back on. I play RPG and usually my summoners can learn more then just summons magic (just getting tire of her getting her butt handed to her)

Yes, that is true but with that conclusion Lelouch is useless without his Code Geass, Alucard is useless if he is not a vampire, Yagami Light is useless without his Death book, Edward Elric is useless without alchemy. My point is that every character is based on something just like Lucy and her gate keys.

And plus, Lucy's spirits CAN summon themselves without using gate keys. Horologium and Loke do that relatively often.

@bigz007:

Lelouch is useless without his Code Geass

Lelouch still have his brains and can outsmart his enemies

Alucard is useless if he is not a vampire

Alucard still would have his skills and his guns (also he would be dead)

Yagami Light is useless without his Death book

No, he didn't have it for half of the manga and he was messing up people without it

Edward Elric is useless without alchemy

Ed still have his fighting skills and he very smart

Lucy's spirits CAN summon themselves without using gate keys. Horologium and Loke do that relatively often.

Yeah, but it seem like they don't summon themselves when she was getting her butt handed to her (that was just a plot hole when that happen)

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

The f@cking main dude from claymore, he has one purpose in the entire show at the end and manages to even fail at that.

Post by nishi99 (1,665 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Yamcha

@Destinyheroknight: I guess you can't see my point. In that case Lucy also have good fighting skills, see her fight with Byro (she is pretty good with that whip). She is also very smart, in fact she figured out that 2nd part of S-class mage exam (the one with the Mavis Vermilion grave).

I don't know why you have problems with Lucy.

@bigz007:

Yeah, fighting a old man ._. (also she hardly use the whip, I can only think of five times she use it

She don't use those smarts in battle, if she did I wouldn't have a problem

My problem with Lucy is that she pretty much a Damsel In Distress (almost always get caught by the enemy or get her butt handed to her) and I find it annoying that she in a team that focus on fighting

@Destinyheroknight: Plot is meant to be like that, someone have to get in trouble and someone have to be a hero to save the day. You can't expect from everyone to be like Natsu, that wouldn't be interesting at all. I'm not saying that she is super useful, just that there is far more worse characters out there. And she has her good moments.

If you want the definition of useless then think about Team Rocket xD

@bigz007:

But the same person? Nami or Usopp don't get kidnapped or get there butt kick as often as Lucy does (I going by the same number of chapters). I not expecting Natsu level, I expect her to stand on her own

Team Rocket is useful , only when they on the good guy side or nowadays when they wear black

@Destinyheroknight said:

Yeah, fighting a old man

Also I forgot to mention that being old is not a bad thing in this anime, Makarov is 80 years old, Hades is probably around 110 y. old, Zeref is 400 years old and I dont have to say that they are damn strong,

@Destinyheroknight said:

Team Rocket is useful

I'll just say LOL to that. They got butt kicked cca 18000 times (compared to the same number of episodes).

@bigz007:

That doesn't mean that all old men are strong

Let see, Team Rocket beat Ash around seven times, help save the world about three (in movies), beat up and steal a Himonlee and make it to the finals and help a paras (and that happen in number of episodes). They not really that useless

Post by Sonata (35,342 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@nishi99: He is easily the most worthless character in DB, but sadly I like him more than most of the Z-fighters. (Personality wise)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel