Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

Topic started by Devastator on Dec. 9, 2008. Last post by omo 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Devastator (62 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Eh im suprised this show isn't getting much buzz from anime fans. I mean this show's animation is one of hte greatest iv'e ever seen. The stroy is different and fresh from the typical ones and it has a female protagonist thats interesting as well. I wonder..........does anyone else watch this show on CN and like it?
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I watch it a long time ago. I really like it, great story and all. Yea, I recommended to anyone here.
Post by Nikkiolie (5 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I watch it too. I enjoy it quite a bit but the kids voice can get a little annoying. That is my other problem with it.
It seems like it had no much publicity from anime fans.
Post by omo (113 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I tried to watch it, and I was bored.

I did end up reading the book and it was pretty good.
omo said:
"I tried to watch it, and I was bored.

I did end up reading the book and it was pretty good."

How did it bore you? Just looking at how good the animation is good reason to watch it.
Post by Nikkiolie (5 posts) See mini bio Level 1
the animation is very nice. The story seems to be good so far too. I just wish I could watch more of it instead of waiting a week to see the next episode.
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
One of the most underrated Animes.

Animation is top notch, and fight scenes were mesmerizing. Story is the most notable in this series because of it's epic setting and mythological background.

It usually is concentrated more on story telling and drama rather than fighting, so it might put off a number of Anime watchers. Because some people would rather watch a mindless fighting Animes rather than an Anime with a good story..
Great post Yorro
Post by omo (113 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Devastator said:
"omo said:
"I tried to watch it, and I was bored.

I did end up reading the book and it was pretty good."

How did it bore you? Just looking at how good the animation is good reason to watch it."
I just wasn't hooked from the beginning. The tension wasn't there, and I don't think the first episode did a good job establishing the fantasy world as well as the book.

I would've liked it more if they started out with the whole legend of the first Mikado.

The animation was good, but I don't know, Moribito is not an action-packed adventure kind of a story anyways.

In retrospect I think it would've been better if it was a 2-hr movie actually, rather than a 2-cor TV series.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel