Well, the day is almost done (as is my trip in Atlanta-- I'm leaving tomorrow evening), but there's still listing to be had! Let's get to it.
- Let's open up with something a little bit different: the Top Ten Yuri Manga of 2008, courtesy of Erica Friedman at Okazu.
- Moving along to the usual suspects...man, it's been a while since we've seen a manga in the USA Today booklist. When's the next Naruto coming out again?
- And I'll cut this short with Anime on DVD's follow-up to the five things US anime companies did wrong this year-- the five things they did right in '08.
- Japan's box office stats haven't updated as of this writing, so I'm afraid I can't give you the weekend update on that one just yet. I'll make a separate post for it, I guess!
- Mostly minimal shifting on the top singles and album charts, but it's worth noting that the Bleach Best Tunes CD hit #4 on Oricon's chart after it's December 17 release. Studio Ghibli no Uta, a best-of two-CD collection featuring tunes from a variety of Ghibli films (including the most recent, Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea), also sneaked into the 10 spot.
- In DVDs, the premium edition of Hana Yori Dango Final (the recent live-action film) was the second-best-selling for the week, with Kara no Kyoukai's first film in third.
- And I'll end this by noting that absolutely nothing interesting happened on the top anime ranking, i.e. Sazae-san, Chibi Marukko-chan, Crayon Shin-chan, etc. are all tops.