Moderators' Weekly Anime Vice Articles

Topic started by sora_thekey on Jan. 25, 2012. Last post by ShadowKnight508 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

You probably already noticed the increase of Editorial content on Anime Vice's home page. Aside from the amazing articles Tom Pinchuk writes for the site, a few Whiskey Media moderators have taken it upon themselves to add to the count. We want your feedback on what we do so I present to you our article schedule:

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Winter Watch: Another by sickVisionzQuick Picks by sora_thekeyWinter Watch: Waiting in the Summer by sora_thekeyWeekly Anime: Sket Dance by sora_thekeyCommunity Spotlight by FoxxFireArtWinter Watch: Nisemonogatari by sickVisionzWinter Watch: The Familiar of Zero F by Newten
Weekly Ponies: Friendship is Magic by NewtenWinter Watch: Recorder and Randsell by sora_thekeyWinter Watch: Bodacious Space Pirates by FoxxFireArt (Previously by ZombiePie)
Amateur vs. Expert: Persona 4 by FoxxFireArt & Babylonian

Disclaimer: As moderators we do not have the privileges to post the articles ourselves. That is why we resort to the Guest_Author account for posting. Under these circumstances articles aren't guaranteed to go up on the scheduled days.

The schedule will change depending on the present anime season and its releases. We will also try and get some news content in there from time to time.

Winter Watch Anotology

Keep up with our articles:

We want your feedback, so give us your opinions on the articles we write. Send us your requests and ideas for us to take into consideration. We love the Anime Vice community so help us make it the best it can be.

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

Post by takashichea (11,963 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Wow! The organized weekly table makes me want to have a consistent agenda of the weekly reports I do for the team and community. I blame myself for taking huge workload that makes me erratic. Oh, Tuesday seems blank. I guess I fill that one out.

Great job everyone! This will inspire the community members to come out of their bubble and contribute! Make some weekly reports, too.

I have to think about a topic for the weekly query.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@sora_thekey: Great job organizing that stuff, Sora! Now we can expect which articles arrive, but can the current "Ametur vs. Expert: Persona 4 The Animation" Articles (Authored By Babylonian and FoxxFireArt) schedule be added?

You also got poor sickVisionz' name incorrectly spelled. Just a small heads up.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,213 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Bigheart711: Damn, I knew I forgot something in the table! I'll ask them on twitter about it.

@Newten said:

@Bigheart711: Damn, I knew I forgot something in the table! I'll ask them on twitter about it.

Never noticed but are they weekly?

Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Pfft, who cares about AV mods?

Seriously, you guys deserve article privileges imo.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Man you all are assholes for not hyperlinking my username.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ZombiePie said:

Agreed, how can you NOT hyperlink ZombiePie's username? he deserves much better than that.

@buhssuht said:

@ZombiePie said:

Agreed, how can you NOT hyperlink ZombiePie's username? he deserves much better than that.

Fixed.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@sora_thekey: AvE normally shows up every Thursday or Friday.

@ZombiePie said:

I thought I did! Oh well... fixed it.

@Bigheart711: It also depends on the writers of the article. We need Foxx and Babylonian to tell us when.

Post by AURON570 (566 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I am impressed so far with the winter watch articles! I appreciate that they also come with screenshots, nice touch.

I didn't really find weekly queries or weekly picks that fun or useful, but that might just be me. If you were to bring any of them back, I'd say bring back weekly picks. I imagine that it's useful for people who like waiting for high quality dvd/blu ray, and it could help indirectly put more money into the anime industry through indirect advertising?

I really like being able to watch an episode, think about it a little bit, then come onto anime vice and read someone else's thoughts on it. Which is why I like the winter watch stuff so much. Which means that I am not reading every article, but the ones that I do, I try to comment on and add my thoughts on the episode.

I hope this is good feedback! Keep it up everyone!

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
So AV is becoming T.H.A.T. Anime Blog?  I am ok with this.

@AURON570: That's perfect feedback. The kind we needed!

@Turambar: Well, I wouldn't exactly say that. While we are covering a lot of anime we are choosing the series that we think is relevant to the users here. We are also doing this in order to introduce everybody to new anime and to emphasize the importance of watching series that are legally streamed. This way we, as a community, can support the industry. If you notice, all of the series that we cover are either streamed via CrunchyRoll or Hulu. Then again, the idea is not only to do episode reviews but other editorial and news content. That's why we are asking about the Quick Picks and Weekly Query.

Post by Cloudenvy (9 posts) See mini bio Level 6

So this is where you want me to post my feedback? alright.

Too many episodic blogs/reviews of anime you could find anywhere on the internet.

@Cloudenvy: Okay, now how about you tell us something useful. What exactly do you want to see?

Keep in mind though that we have to send our articles through staff as we can't post them ourselves. That makes posting "breaking news" articles kind of hard, that's a big part of why we've been doing weekly anime articles.

@Newten said:

@Cloudenvy: Okay, now how about you tell us something useful. What exactly do you want to see?

Post by Cloudenvy (9 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@sora_thekey said:

@Newten said:

Let's see what you could do..Instead of episodic blogging about Nisemonogatari one could for example study and explain all the in-jokes and references to Japanese media and products that's hidden in there. You could also do that with Bakemonogatari or Zetsubou Sensei if you so wished.

One could compile all the shows airing and make a list on who's subbing them and thereafter rate them so you know where and who to get your subs from.

Stuff like that, all do-able with second hand info.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Cloudenvy said:

(1) Let's see what you could do..Instead of episodic blogging about Nisemonogatari one could for example study and explain all the in-jokes and references to Japanese media and products that's hidden in there. You could also do that with Bakemonogatari or Zetsubou Sensei if you so wished.

(2) One could compile all the shows airing and make a list on who's subbing them and thereafter rate them so you know where and who to get your subs from.

Stuff like that, all do-able with second hand info.

1) I'm covering Nisemonogatari and I can tell you that the level of awareness of Japanese pop culture to notice these things is a level of knowledge that I don't have and the amount of time and research required to study and explain them is more than I'm willing to put forth considering that I have a job and don't get paid for anything done on the site.

2) We already do that for legally streaming shows. If you're talking about creating a list of fansubbers and pointing people to where they should pirate their anime from, AV is strictly against piracy or support/endorsing sites and organizations that are engaged in it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel