Meta: A Few Site Thoughts

Topic started by gia on March 1, 2009. Last post by ethan 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I don't generally like to clutter up the main page with requests and things for the site (that, among other things, is what my blog is for!), other than Userday of course. But I'm going to make an exception now, since I have a few things stored up.

1. Features-- you may have noticed that a couple of the regular features we launched with have more or less dropped, and a couple have been swapped around, etc. I want your thoughts on the features we have and on future features! More details are at the forum post I set up.

2. We
love your content. I love reading your blogs (even if I don't always have time to comment, I DO look at them!), and I really loved getting to post DJTyrant's video of his iEva review. So first off, I wanted to say-- if you guys ever want to do a video, whether it's a review or a rant or anything, give me a heads up! Depending on the topic and what else is going on that week, I'd probably love to feature it right here on the main news page. :) The same is true for text content sometimes, so always feel free to poke me if you think it'd fit or is of particular interest!

3. What do you guys think about the videos we've been doing here? What do you like, what do you dislike? What kind of video features do you want to see?I'm also curious in how you guys are using the site-- here is a poll about how you use it, and here's another poll about how you use our RSS feed (if you do).

4. And of course, we're always keeping an eye out on the feature requests thread (that's for technical features, btw, not content features) and the moderator discussion thread, and finally, I'm always happy to take your comments via PM or via e-mail!

So continue to feedback away. :)

Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
The videos are fun, but I can't always watch them as easily as read a document. Usually that's due to being at a place where I can't listen to the audio. Articles are easier to stop in the middle and pick back up later. But video, as I said, is fun, and I've enjoyed them.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
First i thought you meant Metacrawler lol I agree with Niko ^^
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
And I agree with Devilly about thinking you meant a metacrawler or meta data.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
1. Already posted on that thread so no need to repeat.

2. I read all the blogs too~ sometimes I don't have much to say though so I don't comment on all of them... And OH SNAPS as soon as I can fix my camcorder (and buy tape for it...), I can do cosplay video stuff (my own cosplay stuff and convention video). Maybe a rant or two perhaps as well? XD

3. Since my attention span can be quite short, the videos are adequate in length. I've enjoyed them so far. There really isn't anything else to say from me.

4. The feature requests thread is for technical features? Should I fix the list of suggestions in the first post than and separate technical stuff from content stuff?
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Videos are awesome I've watched every one, even if I didn't comment on them all. =)
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
RedRoses: At this point, nah...I just wanted to mention that for future stuff :)
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I was considering doing a video review with text below to enhance the analysis, but this is assuming I have the time to compile clips as much as I'd like and that my roommates are out enough so they won't mess up my mic recording...besides....I think I should finish the show's description first....
Post by Papasan (160 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Everything on Anime Vice is Awesome. Continue making  the awesome... I will continue being in awe.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Papasan said:
"Everything on Anime Vice is Awesome. Continue making  the awesome... I will continue being in awe."
True, greatly said by Papasan

Keep up the good work ppl
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Hey all, we ( meaning the 4 engineers here ) just re-launched Giantbomb.com with a face lift and some new features, we're gonna do the same to Comicvine.com over the next 2-3 weeks.  Then Animevice.com get's it's turn for the new updates.  There's some cosmetic changes, and then also new image gallery management code and some awesome additions to the user profiles.  Plus we'll likely move/fix some things here in the wiki.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Cool
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
ethan said:
"Hey all, we ( meaning the 4 engineers here ) just re-launched Giantbomb.com with a face lift and some new features, we're gonna do the same to Comicvine.com over the next 2-3 weeks.  Then Animevice.com get's it's turn for the new updates.  There's some cosmetic changes, and then also new image gallery management code and some awesome additions to the user profiles.  Plus we'll likely move/fix some things here in the wiki.
"
Fantastic, I love the new look of GB and been wondering when it's AV's turn :D.
Post by The_Wanderer (157 posts) See mini bio Level 3
ethan said:
"Hey all, we ( meaning the 4 engineers here ) just re-launched Giantbomb.com with a face lift and some new features, we're gonna do the same to Comicvine.com over the next 2-3 weeks.  Then Animevice.com get's it's turn for the new updates.  There's some cosmetic changes, and then also new image gallery management code and some awesome additions to the user profiles.  Plus we'll likely move/fix some things here in the wiki."
Thank you!!! XD I checked out GiantBomb today (but I'm rarely there) and I wondered why CV and AV hadn't been upgraded like that already. Haha nice to know you're working on it ^^
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
ethan said:
"Hey all, we ( meaning the 4 engineers here ) just re-launched Giantbomb.com with a face lift and some new features, we're gonna do the same to Comicvine.com over the next 2-3 weeks.  Then Animevice.com get's it's turn for the new updates.  There's some cosmetic changes, and then also new image gallery management code and some awesome additions to the user profiles.  Plus we'll likely move/fix some things here in the wiki.
"
Sweet, sounds great.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@The_Wanderer:
We are always working! :)

BTW, all 3 of our sites share the same code base, so anytime we upgrade one site you can bet we'll bring over the fix or update to the other sites ( where applicable ).  That means, even our youngest site -- Animevice -- is going to constantly get design and engineering tweeks, fixes, and features though out the year.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel