Magazine Subscription Query

Topic started by dinevalesco on Dec. 4, 2012. Last post by FoxxFireArt 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by dinevalesco (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Hi guys … sorry to bother ye but I have a quick query.

My wife loves manga and I'd love to subscribe her to a related magazine for xmas.

Ideally the magazine woold be to manga/anime what 'Empire' is to movies - i.e. - all the news, reviews, who's writing what, upcoming releases etc …

I've done a search on google but have just come across actually manga magazines, dedicated to a particular character but nothing general.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronan

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@dinevalesco:

Well, I know there is OTAKU magazine that is an English publication that talks about news related to more anime. Basically, reading English news about manga and anime is often grossly outdated. You'd be better off spending that money on some Amazon gift cards so she could buy herself all the manga she wants.

There is the VIZ Media edition of the mangazine SHONEN JUMP, but these are often edited editions. Not really worth buying.

If she likes manga, I would suggest looking into some online manga publication. Yen Press has their YEN+ and VIZ has the SHONEN JUMP ALPHA. SJA is a website that posts translated versions of several manga series fresh form being published in Japan.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel