Looking for opponents

Topic started by Username_Undefined on Dec. 29, 2013. Last post by Shadowchaos 8 months ago.
Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I've been trying to make some Versus threads, but can't think of a good opponent. All three groups are out of each others' league so they can't go against each other.

Here are the groups:

Special Duty Section 6 (I can't find a group picture of them from the Force manga, which is current incarnation, so here's one from StrkerS though it's missing some members)

The Investigation Team (end of Golden, all members have third form personas with all known spells, Yu has Izanagi-no-Okami and full compendium provided it doesn't make him too powerful, feats from Arena can be used)

Persona 4 - Investigation Team
Persona 4 - Investigation Team

and finally Team RWBY from RWBY (feats can be pulled from trailers, current incarnation) Here's the series and trailers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Username_Undefined: wrong fourm

can you move this?

Post by takashichea (11,879 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@SMXLR8: @Username_Undefined:

I think he wants to make a battle thread since we have anime characters. Welcome to the battle forums!

Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: but this is not a battle

@SMXLR8:

Oh my bad. It was a long day. I'll move it.

@takashichea: @SMXLR8: Correct that this specific thread is not a battle. However, I've wanted to make a battle with these teams for a while, but couldn't come up with good opponents. So I'm asking the community.

Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Username_Undefined: I don't know try Busou Renkin characters against that last set? how strong are the second set people? For the first set I would suggest maybe the seven main party members from the xenosaga games. I would remove KOSMOS though and make it six but your choice.

@Shadowchaos: The names Busou Renkin and KOSMOS are very vaguely familiar. I'll look them up later.

As for the Investigation Team, they're from Persona 4 and their strength is part of the reason I've had trouble matching them. They are billed as regular teens, but their personae (and the characters themselves) have massive damage output both physical and elemental/mystic. The enemies for the most part use the same techniques on these kids, but their able to shrug it off. I know part of that is game mechanics; I just can't figure out how much.

@Username_Undefined: hmm well that doesn't really tell me how strong they are. What is their destructive output?

@Username_Undefined:

It's interesting that you picked RWBY. It's a good show with killer fight scenes and crazy weapons that have hidden gun compartments.

Post by othus12 (6,683 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i love the main theme

@Shadowchaos: Yeah, I apologize for that. The game is similarly vague using terms like "small" "moderate" "large" "severe" and "massive" to describe how much damage is done.

There are skills that deal physical, fire, ice, electricity, wind, light, dark, or almighty damage. They can be single target or hit all enemies but never allies. Or the characters can just bash an opponent with their weapon of choice.

Light and dark skills are both instant kill, though they have between a 30-60% chance to hit depending on the skill level and whether it's single or multiple target. Most other skills have somewhere between 95-98% chance to hit.

Now for unique skills. It was surprisingly difficult to find the third tier persona skills. Chie, Naoto, Kanji, Yukiko, Yosuke, Teddie, Rise. They also get skills by Social Linking. Those are here. Just scroll down until you see the yellow grid. Chie, Naoto, Kanji, Yukiko, Yosuke, Teddie, Rise

You know, the more I look into this, the more I realize that there is no simple way to quantify what they can actually do. I haven't actually played P4 Arena, so I can't give much info from there. In the RPG the fights take place in an abstract area that doesn't take any sort of damage, and the things they fight are Shadows from Jungian psychology so I don't even know where to start on them. Maybe they'll never get a battle.

@takashichea: RWBY is a fun show and Monty's a great animator. It deserves more love. I can't wait for the Vytal Tournament.

@Username_Undefined: maybe the Testaments from Xenosaga they are real strong.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel