Live in NYC? Check Out Kinokuniya's Anime Day

Topic started by gia on March 4, 2009. Last post by coonce 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
It may be called “anime day,” but it's kind of a manga lover's dream: New York City's Kinokuniya bookstore is teaming up with Del Rey Manga and Yen Press (and Asian rock site Karaterice, Keio Academy, Samurai Beat Radio, and the Japan Society) to put on an event. And the first thing on the schedule? “Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei & Soul Eater Giveaway.”

God, I wish I could teleport myself to the East Coast for a day. I would dress up as Itoshiki-sensei for a free volume of the manga. And I could definitely be in the first 30 to arrive to snatch a Soul Eater key holder, although I got one at New York Comic Con.

Other events include the Japan Society's presentation of KRAZY!, which is an exhibit focusing on Jpop culture (anime, manga, and games) at the Society's own gallery, which you can win tickets to; SamuraiBeatRadio's introduction of Jpop singer-songwriter Ai Kawashima (she's also a seiyuu-- she voiced Mayday in the One Piece Adventure in Alabasta flick); and a drawing tutorial with artist Misako Rocks!.

All that and more, Sunday March 15 starting at 11am, at the Kinokuniya store on the Avenue of the Americas. I know a couple of you are in the New York City area-- I expect to see some photos!

EDIT: Oh man, I totally forgot to give credit to NY Anime Festival for putting it on AND posting it!

Post by Kiriska (112 posts) See mini bio Level 2
DEAR KINOKUNIYA. STOP HAVING COOL EVENTS WHEN I'M AT SCHOOL INSTEAD OF THE CITY. NO LOVE, KIRI.
Post by coonce (151 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
great article gia - HHHEEELLLOOO
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel