List all of the Omnipotents in manga/anime

Topic started by Carter_esque on Nov. 12, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year ago.
Post by Carter_esque (577 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I made this bc Comic Vine users who are heavily biased toward manga are always saying that there aren't any Omnipotent-level characters in manga. I figure that this isn't true but since I can't think of that many myself, I was hoping that my fellow Vicers could educate me. Please list all of the omnipotent chars y'all can think of and, if y'all wouldn't mind, provide pictures of them as well. Thanks!

Post by phantomrant (1,498 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Carter_esque said:

I made this bc Comic Vine users who are heavily biased toward manga are always saying that there aren't any Omnipotent-level characters in manga. I figure that this isn't true but since I can't think of that many myself, I was hoping that my fellow Vicers could educate me. Please list all of the omnipotent chars y'all can think of and, if y'all wouldn't mind, provide pictures of them as well. Thanks!

But they're right. There aren't. Whatever omnipotence there is requires fan-hype that borders on wanking to get to that level.

All of the reknown omnipotence-claimed figures in manga/anime are questionable at best: Tenchi Kami and the Chousin, The Lord of Nightmares, etc.

Kami and LoN are easily multiversal level+, if not beyond that, but omnipotence even if used loosely hardly applies to them.

Post by Dream (8,267 posts) See mini bio Level 21

As mentioned, Lord of Nightmares and Kami Tenchi are as close to a probable omnipotent figure in anime and manga as you are possibly gonna get. Both their respective franchises mention them as being above all things in their verses and LoN being the creator of the Slayers multiverse. They may be omnipotent, but not much is told about neither being from both franchises.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@phantomrant: @Dream:

Well, Hajime Kanzaka (creator of Slayers and Lost Universe) confirmed Lord Of Nightmares to be Omnipotent.

Post by Shadowchaos (2,940 posts) See mini bio Level 14

U-DO from xenosaga the animation granted though U-DO is more of a wave then a actual being though.

Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Someone needs to watch Demonbane. That mech is a literal deus ex machina.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,231 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Best way to understand Kami Tenchi is, the creator of the show is basically him. Tenchi Masaki. Creator: Masaki Kajishima. Imagine Stan Lee - The One Above All style.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,401 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Lord of Nightmares is omnipotent and is stronger than the writer (she beat him up several times).

Kami Tenchi is omnipotent, and I hear he may be the writer.

Nytharthathotep may be omnipotent, considering how broken Demonbane is.

Featherine is at least nigh-omnipotent, and can break the 4th wall the re-write the very plot to her desire.

Post by IndridCold (1,408 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@KingOfAsh said:

Lord of Nightmares is omnipotent and is stronger than the writer (she beat him up several times).

Kami Tenchi is omnipotent, and I hear he may be the writer.

Nytharthathotep may be omnipotent, considering how broken Demonbane is.

Featherine is at least nigh-omnipotent, and can break the 4th wall the re-write the very plot to her desire.

@Shadowchaos said:

U-DO from xenosaga the animation granted though U-DO is more of a wave then a actual being though.

Pretty much this, also:

Deus Ex Machina from Mirai Nikki should be nigh-omnipotent or at least close to it.

Lain Iwakura once fused with the physical and digital worlds is godlike in some way.

Haruka Kaminogi and Noein are really powerful multiversal reality warpers that are some of the most powerful characters in anime.

I guess if you can count Alien X and Meta Nanite Rex count as somewhat universal omnipotents.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Caladbolg from Immortal Regis/Cavalier of the Abyss is Omnipotent and has Omnipresence as well.

Caladbolg
Caladbolg
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel