Legend of Korra Question

Topic started by sickVisionz on May 16, 2012. Last post by DCypher 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I know it would be better to have seen the original Avatar series beforehand but is it requisite to enjoy LoK?
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Pretty sure all of the original is on Instant Watch. I haven't seen any of Korra yet-though I should.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,230 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sickVisionz:

No, I pretty sure you don't have to watch the original.

Post by asian_pride (168 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Nah, not really. LoK makes some references to events in the original, but nothing that indicates you should watch the latter before jumping into LoK.

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

You'll miss out on a few cameo's and 1 plot point, but its not that important.

Post by takashichea (11,738 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Korra is experiencing flashbacks of Aang's life (reincarnation is a strong theme), so I think you need to brush up on a few episodes in order to appreciate the suspense. Plus, the first series is not that long. You'll see some differences between the show.

@takashichea:

The first series is sixty one episodes, that pretty long

Post by takashichea (11,738 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Destinyheroknight:

Oh thanks. I'm pretty sure sickVisionz can squeeze in five episodes a day (around 150 minutes/2.5 hours or so). He'll catch up in a week.

@takashichea:

Yeah, but it still time consuming, it probably better to read a wiki page

Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@takashichea said:

@Destinyheroknight:

Oh thanks. I'm pretty sure sickVisionz can squeeze in five episodes a day (around 150 minutes/2.5 hours or so). He'll catch up in a week.

I'm the type to lose a lot of interest in checking out any completed series if I find out it's more than 13 episodes long. 50+ is basically a guaranteed not watch. Plus, I saw a few minutes of Avatar on Nick a long time ago and I've got no interest in checking the rest of it out.

Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Cheh.

Why would you watch a show thats a lot better than Korra, in order to enjoy it?

I don't think Korra is awful. The whole product got spoiled by that live action .. thing .. that happened.

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DCypher: Nooo, you reminded me that it exists! I was doing so well to forget about that dark day, but now I remember everything...

On topic its not necessary to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender (I personally got all 3 seasons and watched them before Korra first aired, took me around a week), but it does have plot points that you would not understand fully (At least at first) if you never watched the first series.

@DCypher:

Why would you watch a show thats a lot better than Korra

First Avatar is completed, Korra is just started. Why would you compare the two?

Simple. Character.

I just don't feel Korra the same way I did Aang, I think the way it's shot, the lighting, the atmosphere and the story are great. Totally on par. I just don't feel the same way after a few episodes of Korra that I did when I first watched Avatar. Just my feelings.

Ok, Korra is a lot better then the first one in my opinion. It got me into it more faster then the original

The original took me until the Ba Sing Se Arc to be fully into it

Humbug to you.

-.- now I have to watch more of the stupid thing.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel