Learning japanese?

Topic started by Kane on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Resonate 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GlareMaverick11987 (88 posts) See mini bio Level 4
So much harder than Spanish & French lol..I still don't have all the kanji's down.
Post by Kyjin (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Taking courses is the best way to go, but if you can't do that then I reccomend getting a textbook and starting from there.  Like Rathany said, Genki is a great textbook for beginners.  There are two books to that series with cds for listening comprehension.  You can get through basic conversations via the first book.  It takes a lot of time, but it is worth it!
頑張って!
Post by Xephon225 (10 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Well if all you want to do is comprehend and speak then it's fairly simple as far as language goes(not to say it isn't difficult but in comparison to some other languages). Unlike all the romance languages,  Japanese nouns do not have gender or number and that in and of itself makes things MUCH more simple and intuitive imo. Verb and adjective conjugation is pretty easy too, nothing complicated. Like others have said though, one of the best things you can do is simply expose yourself to the language and get used to hearing it. That will increase your comprehension and vocab. You might be surprised by how much you can learn passively.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
maxwell said:
"I'm actually thinking of doing an Intro to Japanese video series. What do you guys think?"
That sounds kinda cool.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
a dictionary, a notebook, pen and dedication..

but the best option is a teacher.

I get tired of studying by myself, I stop studying and in a couple of days I forget what I've learn lol

but the best option is a teacher. ftw

Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Yeah, you realllllyyyyy need a teacher, definitely someone fluent regardless. I have a friend who could teach me, but my being lazy has stopped this from occuring :D

I can email her to you if youd liek:P
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel