Launch....

Topic started by ethan on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Resonate 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Endogene (65 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I wonder how long it will take before the database is up to date (all the different franchises and series added) before the real editing can begin. It took several weeks at GB of submitting games before i finally started filling in those pages. I guess their are less anime/manga franchises than game franchises plus unlike game there are not that often (in comparison) new franchises that are released.

The big but is that at GB we where 18000 at launch and now we are only 500... Well hope i get those 1000 points quickly so that i can get the 5000 the day after and that then i can start adding character pages.

My guess is that in 2 month their will be no need to add any new franchise pages, i hope at least.
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Desisashi said:
"ethan said:
"

time
time
to
to
party
party
"
you guys look nuts expecially G~man"
That's the joy and excitement of the site being launched.  Especially after I've been running Comic Vine, handling some things at Giant Bomb and trying to add as much content here before launch.  I even took an awesome three hour nap to recupe today.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Wow, less than three days since launch and my beaver's already getting forum attention. *cough*

Glad to have y'all here. ^_^
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
GMan said:
That's the joy and excitement of the site being launched.  Especially after I've been running Comic Vine, handling some things at Giant Bomb and trying to add as much content here before launch.  I even took an awesome three hour nap to recupe today."
Ohhh, man, I've been running around all day today, but I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I'ma sleep in until like, 9 or something. CRAZY!
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Well thanks staff and all those who made this site. you worked hard and you have made something awesome, Get some rest we will try not to break the site I swear.
Staff
mikevanpwn said:
"Out of curiosity to the original post. When was ComicVine launched?"
December 2006.  2 glorious years!
Post by m1k3 (5 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Guys over at giantbomb mentioned this site, and i have to check it out. Dont really read many manga, but do watch lots of fan subbed anime. Finally a place where i can talk about what i love
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
GMan said:
"mikevanpwn said:
"Out of curiosity to the original post. When was ComicVine launched?"
December 2006.  2 glorious years!"
I feel disgraceful that I didn't join CV on launch day =(
Staff
Psh...shame on you.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
GMan said:
"Psh...shame on you."
I know, what a prick
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel