Known discussion: Who is tobi?

Topic started by Youjimbo on Feb. 3, 2012. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Youjimbo (4 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Now, i have seen so many threads on diferent forums about this up from the moment tobi was known to the anime. I wanted to make a new thread about who tobi could be, basicly because im curious about him, and i wan't to know who he is before its released. No one knows who he is, right? So. . . to find out we can take away the people we know his not.

• Obito - no; We know that Tobi is not Obito! For those who still thinks that, im going to explain it to you. Obito is at kakashi's age, and kakashi and Obito was a part of Team Minato(Yondaime's genin team). We know Obito was observed while tons of rocks burried him, so he is most likely dead. And during the invading in Konohagakure, only a few months after he died(most likely), Tobi was fighting Minato. At that time, Kakashi and obito should only have been 12 years old(Think kakashi is 28 now in shippuden, 16 years after the invation). now, how can a 12 year old boy instantly get grownup? And there is so many more examples to look at!
  • Tobirama Senju - High doubt; There are a few things they have in common, he is from the senju clan. As far as the manga has told, Tobi has Senju DNA in him. If he is from the Senju clan is a different story though. Rinnegan is only achieveable inside the Senju bloodline, and Tobi said after killing Konan that he was the one giving Nagato rinnegan. Also, Tobirama Senju was called Tobi. But he would be over 140 years old now if he was Tobimaru.
  • Kagami uchiha - Possible? ; Kagami was one of the 3 in team Tobirama, along with danzò. During danzò's fight with sasuke, we could see how Tobi whished to kill him, and how he told about his munipilation inside the hidden leaf. If i recall right, he called him a trator to Konoha and uchiha(or something). Listen now people, Kagami means "Mirror". He calls himself "Tobi", what kagami's teacher called himself, he representent himself as a uchiha(but no one really knows if Tobi is an uchiha or not), he tells about how he is going to mirror the six path's powers, and recreate the moon to make piece in the shinobi world. Now at last, he announces that if the people wished to call him madara, he was madara. He represent himself as an mirror to what the other thinks he is.

Now, the last bit of "he being kagami theory" is something i feel strong about. I think Tobi is representing himself as an mirror. We should know by now that he knows EXTREAMLY much about madara, that dosent mean he has to BE madara. but maybe someone he stands close. In the end, as the naruto forums says... Madara was aware of Tobi's existance.

What i think is that Madara fought Hashirama and lost, but gained some of his DNA(that was what he told after being ressurected). And then he would escape and manage to obtain the rinnegan. He could then have offered his life to form the dominique statue to capture the tailed beasts, then formed a "vessle"(Tobi) who would have Madara's sharingan powers. Remember, Tobi's ability is a space-time ability, allowing him to travel so fast that it breaks the line of time. In this case, it would possibly mean he could travel so fast that time would stand still in his presense, while the world around would go around. That means in theory that Tobi never ages. Sounds like a perfect plan for madara to create piece.

Anyways guys, this was my thoughts of Tobi.

There was a few lines that went messed up... Hope you would take time re-reading it ^^

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

What if Tobi is just Tobi? Maybe he isnt anybody...

I thought about that, but why would an manga artist make a hidden storry of a character in his creation? Maybe it could be a representation on that he was there, but just as no one.

Post by taichokage (13,598 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
The fact that Tobi constantly wears a mask indicates that his is a face that is highly recognized. But he just is weird. He claims he had the rinnegan before and has both the rinnegan and ems now plus he has space/time jutsu better than the 4th and possibly the 2nd. And to top it all off, he impersonated the deceased Madara for some time for unknown reasons before the real Madara was resurrected.
Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Okie dokie. Conspiracy theory Naruto *rubs hands.*

Youjimbo makes a really good reasoned argument for his theories, but I don't think Kishi has a reputation for making things even vaguely obvious. Like with the Obito thing, he just sort of hung it out there (IMHO) to show that he has everyone so on the edge right now he could say it was anyone and we'd all jump on. There was never any way it could of been Obito, as the timeline states. (I bet it somehow does some sort of time travel arc now and I look stupid. lol. )

I could see it being Sasuke's dad. You know, one of the only really unexplored elements of the whole manga right now is just how poweful Genjutsu can be, now that we know how imporant the Uchiha clan is to the whole history of the Shinobi world I find it hard to accept that they were all just suddenly killed and there hasn't been any real going back over it, other than Itachi trying to reach out to Sasuke and Tobi sort of, re-distorting the story if you like. I appreciate I'm not supporting my idea, it just makes thematic sense to me.

Other than that? I think there could easily be a whole huge trail off into the rinnegan, its creation and how it came to be lost then found again. It's a big part of the story that isn't explored, mostly though, I just think it's really exciting.

Honestly I have no idea ^-^s

dC

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I actually prefer the idea that Tobi is nobody that we've heard of before. It's less of a hidden story to me and more of a story that we haven't heard because the series is so focused on Naruto, Sasuke, and people directly relevant to them or super ultra legends.

@taichokage said:

plus he has space/time jutsu better than the 4th and possibly the 2nd.

I don't know about that. It may be a better power overall but Tobi sucks at using it compared to how well the 4th could use his. They went head-to-head on a space-time jutsu battle and Tobi got clowned in seconds despite the 4th having only seen his once, seconds before the final attack, and Tobi having known plenty about the 4th's power since it was widely known and spoken of throughout the Ninja world.

Post by taichokage (13,598 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
True. Powerful as Itachi is, the Uchiha clan was legendary. Could he really have defeated them all with such ease? Also remember that Tobi only kept half of Akatsuki in the loop about who he was, and upon showing Kisame who he was, Kisame instantly recognized him and willingly followed him from then on, further indicating that Tobi is very well known.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Tobi is Madara's brother... Using Obito's body. That's and old theory that was quickly discarded but I am back with it xD

Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Eh, I'll toss in a random theory I just made up reading this thread: Perhaps Tobi is the elder son of the Sage of Six Paths? When you have the likes of Tsunade and Orochimaru running around, is it really so hard to believe that someone could gain immortality? Especially when that someone is the son of the de facto Ninja God? Not to mention it was already said that the elder son got the Sages eyes, so perhaps he'd have some abilities such as separating his Rinnegan and Sharingan, and passing one of them on without losing the other. Not to mention he'd effectively still fulfill the requirements for the Rinnegan, being a lot closer to the source than anyone else on this list.

Also, from a psychological standpoint, Tobi's stated that he doesn't want to BE anyone, he just wants to complete the Moon's Eye Plan. Which is, and I apologize for stating the obvious, cast a massive genjutsu over the world to rob everyone of free will and thus establish peace. The elder son was skipped over as the Sages successor because his ideas of peace were not what the Sage thought were best for the world. Seeing his younger brother picked over him, is it really too hard to believe that such a person would become obsessive to prove himself right? Thus the seeds of a complex of being 'nobody', just a goal, would be potentially sown to create Tobi.

Then again, there are probably a lot of facts I'm not aware of that vastly rip apart this shoddily thrown together theory. So by all means, let me know.

@JonSmith said:

Also, from a psychological standpoint, Tobi's stated that he doesn't want to BE anyone, he just wants to complete the Moon's Eye Plan. Which is, and I apologize for stating the obvious, cast a massive genjutsu over the world to rob everyone of free will and thus establish peace. The elder son was skipped over as the Sages successor because his ideas of peace were not what the Sage thought were best for the world. Seeing his younger brother picked over him, is it really too hard to believe that such a person would become obsessive to prove himself right? Thus the seeds of a complex of being 'nobody', just a goal, would be potentially sown to create Tobi.

This is probably the most sound and sensible theory I've heard that makes sense from a storytelling perspective.

Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

There really is a lot of evidence leaning towards it being Obito. The primary ones are the missing eye. It's a sure sign of it being Obito.

Exacting revenge for the death of Rin? That would be a good motive.

I really think it's Obito. The evidence just points right at him.

Love this picture right here. The missing eye. The hair. Obito has to be Tobi. It would make the most sense going by the evidence given to us.

Also, look at this picture.

Obito makes the most sense. And if that's not how it is, we definitely better get something that does make sense as to who Tobi is.

Post by NakAttack (33 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Alright, here is my problem with Tobi being Obito. Ahem, Obito was crushed by a mother f'ing rock. It landed on half of his body, and don't tell me he activated his space time jutsu, Obito just awakened his Sharingan. Also, on top of being crushed, this happens

The rest of him is crushed. Now please, believers that Obito=Tobi, tell me how the hell he survived that.

Another point I want to make is this.

If Tobi is Obito, why is his face not messed up (or his body for that matter) from being crushed by mother f'ing boulders.

So please, Tobi=Obito believers, tell me why Obito is Tobi.

Post by DXmagma (31 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Honestly? No one. He is someone who has been around for a very long time and has plans to 'fix' the world. After he does this, he wants to be forgotten. He is a means to an end, and nothing more. Like that guy from V for Vendetta. Too be perfectly honest, I think the Moon Eye Plan is a crock of shit. Tobi knew the different villages would never unite unless they had a big enough threat. After Akatsukl failed to do this, he plans to become this threat himself.

Or the Sage of 6 paths. One of those.

@justanormalguy: The only solid thing for Obito is that he is missing an eye, which is super overpowered by the evidence against him being Tobi.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel