KEEP THE FUNIMATION CHANNEL ON VERIZON FIOS!!

Topic started by Blue Son on Feb. 18, 2012. Last post by Blue Son 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Blue Son (1 posts) See mini bio Level 12

TELL VERIZON TO LEAVE OUR ANIME ON!!

On Verizon announced on February 16, 2012 that it will drop FUNimation Channel "on, or after March 15" due to "very low viewership".

Which means if you're a fan of Fairy Tale, Chaos Head, Darker than Black, Witch Blade, Chaos Head...after March 15th...it will all be...GONE.

As a fellow viewer of anime I think I speak for everyone else when I say, that I depend on Funimation to supply the BEST in anime that we don’t get to see on other channels. If you’re a fan of the Funimation channel now is the time to put your voice out there, DON’T LET THEM TAKE AWAY OUR ANIME FOLKS.

With all of the sports channels, food, sex, and decorating channels out there, Verizon should at least one channel for its customers who happen to be FANS of Anime!!

Please sign this petition below, and help make our voices heard! Thank you.

KEEP THE FUNIMATION CHANNEL ON VERIZON FIOS!!

Post by takashichea (13,233 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Looking at this issue, a lot of fans resort to watching anime on legal streaming websites and some go to other sites. For me, I believe the cost of having internet access and subscriptions to legal streaming sites are cheaper than paying cable, satellite, or tv bills to watch anime.

I'm neutral on this issue. I have only digital antennae box for my family, so I use the internet for my anime viewing pleasures. Funimation still has its legal streaming website, so fans will still see anime on the internet instead of the TV.

Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21
There are enough legal alternatives to get your anime fix from Funimation via streaming or video rental from Netflix, especially with the rise in Internet use. Loss of the TV option isn't gonna be the end of the world.
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Blue Son said:

Verizon should at least one channel for its customers who happen to be FANS of Anime!!

I think the problem is that Verizon doesn't actually have customers who are fans of anime, or at least fans of watching it on the Funimation Channel. Plus, what's the point of an on demand TV channel for TV series in 2012? If you've got Fios then you can stream all of the Funi Channel content from Funimation's website, Hulu, their YouTube page, Netflix, Crackle, and all of the other services and sites that host Funi content and series that Funi doesn't carry. Even the, "I want to watch on a TV" argument is dying as practically every laptop or desktop can easily be connected to a HDTV and many HDTVs, DVD players, and BD Players have built-in access to these services, so you don't even need a computer hooked up to get them. Broadband internet access and Funi's own practices have made the concept outdated imo.

I'm surprised they even have the channel unless it basically cost them nothing to operate. I've never actually seen the channel carried on any service provider in my region and Funi themselves have created services that rival and compete with their own channel, possibly besting it when it comes to price.

Post by Blue Son (1 posts) See mini bio Level 12

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN MOVED UP TO MARCH 12TH PEOPLE!! PLEASE WRITE IN TO THE PETITION ABOVE WE NEED MORE NAMES!!!

There are still people out there who are fans to don't have the luxury of watching it online with computers, Iphones, and etc. Who still like flicking on the TV and watching their Anime on there. Why should they/us suffer and lose the ONE channel Verizon has to offer when there are THOUSANDS of channels that basically duplicate themselves. It's just not fair. So please, if you care sign the petition so that Verizon can hear our voices and rethink their actions. We have till March 12th to make a noise. Thank you.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel