K-On!! is over

Topic started by RJay_64 on Oct. 24, 2010. Last post by RJay_64 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by RJay_64 (41 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Some thoughts... 

The ending of Episode 26 (the final episode) was predictable. 

Episode 25 was the best.  It was fast paced and full of funn.  The beginning scene was unexpected and the timing of the comedy for this episode was just excellent in general. 

I enjoyed the goodbye song to Azusa in Episode 24.  It's not much of a spoiler.  We know she's one class behind.   

Azusa's angst over being separated with the other girls was actually a pretty good storyline now that I think about it, although the story went to the only place it could have gone.  The one thing I am glad that never happened though...none of them ever got any boyfriends.  No, it's not because I'm in love with any of the characters, but isn't that what every show out there does?  It's refreshing for me to watch any show that doesn't involve romantic relationships.  Although I still think there is sexual innuendo between Yui and Azusa (lol).   

Looking forward to the movie.  I wouldn't mind watching them have tea and cake for 2 hours.  It's hard for me to like most anime because I'm not really into violence.  So K-On! fit what I was looking for. 
Now that it's over though, someone pass me the suicide pills...

j/k j/k
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@RJay_64 I refuse to call it over until that movie has disappeared. 

Oh wait, pun time: It ain't over 'till the moe blob sings!
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I imagine there'll either be an anime or manga about them at college/university, if there isn't already manga on that, I haven't checked the K-On! manga out. 
I wonder how long it'll be before the movie is out... 

Oh, and it was so damn sweet when they were singing to Azusa, of all scenes in K-On! I found that the most emotional. 
I have not buckled yet though! Clannad is the thing that's brought me closest to tears, out of anything. TV, movies or anime. The Azusa scene in K-On! is nothing compared to some of the scenes in Clannad: After Story. 

@Gaff said:
" Oh wait, pun time: It ain't over 'till the moe blob sings! "
Ugghhh...
@Newten: Come on, the aftermath of the culture festival was more heart-rending than Azusa's song! Ehm.

It's not like I'm l-l-l-looking forward to the movie, or anything...
@Gaff: I thought it was really touching. I HAVE A HEART BURIED IN HERE SOMEWHERE OKAY?! 

There is nothing wrong with looking forward to the K-On! movie.
Don't forget Bandai is making an English dub of the first season and releasing it in America.  We have that to look forward to as well. 
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I demand more Mugi.
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
As much as I love the series, i would rather remember K-on as the great series and not a drawn out pile of garbage it could become. The manga is done, let it be!
@Newten YOU HAVE NO HEART INSIDE! Just some yarn that makes the cold, cold hearts of grown men squeal. Just like K-on, I guess?

@Rokujo Off all the K-on girls, Ritsu needs some love. The forehead compels you! Or at worst, you can always use her forehead as a mirror. Or a table.

@CrazyCanuck I'll reserve my judgement until the credits have rolled across the screen and there's not another announcement. Also: "Letting it be" would get them into trouble with the Beatles.
@RJay_64 said:
" Don't forget Bandai is making an English dub of the first season and releasing it in America.  We have that to look forward to as well.  "
That is not something to look forward too. K-On!, as with most anime, would be horrible in English. You should watch it the way it's meant to be watched, with cute Japanese voices that sound cool no matter what the characters are saying. The same just doesn't apply for the English language. 

@CrazyCanuck said:
" As much as I love the series, i would rather remember K-on as the great series and not a drawn out pile of garbage it could become. The manga is done, let it be! "
So has the anime covered all the stuff in the manga? I was kind of hoping if they make no more anime I'd have some manga still to check out... 

@Gaff said:
" @Newten YOU HAVE NO HEART INSIDE! Just some yarn that makes the cold, cold hearts of grown men squeal. Just like K-on, I guess? "
My warm, yarny heart is better than a regular heart. Screw blood, MY BODY RUNS ON MAGICAL YARN NOW!
@Newten said:
" @RJay_64 said:
" Don't forget Bandai is making an English dub of the first season and releasing it in America.  We have that to look forward to as well.  "
That is not something to look forward too. K-On!, as with most anime, would be horrible in English. You should watch it the way it's meant to be watched, with cute Japanese voices that sound cool no matter what the characters are saying. The same just doesn't apply for the English language. 

I know but...I am hoping the Japanese version will be included as part of the package.  If it is, I think it would be wonderful to have an official copy of the Japanese voices with English sub texts. 
@RJay_64: Ah well you should have been more specific, in that case it is something to look forward to. I just dread to think what the K-On! girls will sound like in English...
@Newten:  I am hoping for a subtitle option when it's released in the states because I'm not interested in the dub because bang zoom makes me cry ;(, also the manga's last volume ended at the end of the year just like the anime.
@Newten: Not to turn this into a dub vs sub debate (matter of preference, personally), but I'm more worried about how they'll sing. Talking would be fine. 

@CrazyCanuck: I thought it was pretty much standard practice nowadays to put dual audio tracks on discs? I can't remember when there was just the English track on a DVD. Now VHS, now that was another matter.
@Gaff: Lucky Christina Vee who will VO Mio can sing and Stephenie Sheh whow will do VO for Yui played Akira Kogami in lucky star so she can also sing, hopefully it wont suck.
@CrazyCanuck: If they don't have Japanese audio with subtitles I'll be really surprised, like Gaff says I'm pretty sure that's the standard thing to do with anime now. That's a shame about the manga, I was sure I read somewhere they were going to carry on K-On! into their college years. 

@Gaff: Oh god I hadn't even thought about the singing. I'm sorry but my throbbing stapler just won't be right in English... okay I may have got the lyrics wrong but you know what I mean.
@Newten said:

" @CrazyCanuck: If they don't have Japanese audio with subtitles I'll be really surprised, like Gaff says I'm pretty sure that's the standard thing to do with anime now. That's a shame about the manga, I was sure I read somewhere they were going to carry on K-On! into their college years. 

@Gaff: Oh god I hadn't even thought about the singing. I'm sorry but my throbbing stapler just won't be right in English... okay I may have got the lyrics wrong but you know what I mean. "

Here is Cristina's Vee's performance of Don't Say Lazy at the New York Anime Festival.  It's kind of embarrassing to be honest....  and whoever is pretending to play Azusa doesn't even have the right guitar (everyone knows Azusa plays a red Fender Mustang).  Embarassing.  Sorry if I'm not allowed to post videos.  I don't remember the rules lol.

@RJay_64: Hmmm, the video doesn't really count, she's singing in Japanese! And not too bad, in my ears at least. I'm surprised you didn't nitpick on Cristina not having a bass guitar, to be honest ;) Another gripe would be, oh... them not actually playing any of the instruments. Then again, animated characters don't actually play the guitar, do they? 

Come to think of it... I'll leave this here. 

Again, it sounds odd, but that's just me being used to the Japanese dub. And even then, not too bad (the lyrics, always hard, are an OK fit).
@RJay_64: @Gaff:  While we're nit picking, what about the color of the ties? 
1st year=green 
2nd=red 
3rd=clue 
 through out the hole 3 years the yui and crew always wear blue ties and Azusa, Ui, and Jun always had red ties WTF!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel