jojo's bizarre adventure

Topic started by bigz007 on Dec. 3, 2012. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I have one question, is it true that season 2 in jojo's bizarre adventure is supposed to be watched before season 1

I don't know why it that, someone has told me that information but I just can't find any confirmation. Can someone help me with this? THX

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,897 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@bigz007: No who told you that?

@SpeedForceSpider said:

A friend of mine, I didn't asked him for reasons because he will probably ruin it for me. I assume the story like is better that way.

@bigz007 said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

A friend of mine, I didn't asked him for reasons because he will probably ruin it for me. I assume the story like is better that way.

Well it wouldn't be logical to watch season two first. You should watch the first season because it is the first arc and ties all stories together.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@bigz007 said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Well it wouldn't be logical to watch season two first. You should watch the first season because it is the first arc and ties all stories together.

ok, thx alot for the info : )

Post by rubberluffy (582 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@bigz007 said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Maybe we got some miscommunication going on here. So, there's the currently airing TV series that is adapting parts 1 and 2, but only just finished part 1 last friday. Of course you'd watch that in order. But the old OVA adaptation of Part 3 actually had the second half animated first (1993) and the first half came in 2000. So yes, in that case you'd watch the second OVA season first. This could possibly be what the friend was talking about.

@bigz007: You're welcome :)

@rubberluffy: Haha no, the older one is an adaption of part 3 and that only made sense to those who read the manga. So logically you watch that last even tho its an older animation.

@SpeedForceSpider:

But if his friend wasn't even taking into consideration the new series, and only talking about the Part 3 OVAs, then yeah, that order makes sense. Overall, it doesn't.

Dammit why does JJBA have to be confusing even outside of its own plot. It's hard to determine what he meant by "eeason" in this context.

@rubberluffy said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

But if his friend wasn't even taking into consideration the new series, and only talking about the Part 3 OVAs, then yeah, that order makes sense. Overall, it doesn't.

Dammit why does JJBA have to be confusing even outside of its own plot. It's hard to determine what he meant by "eeason" in this context.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think season one takes place in 1993-1994, season two is 2000-2002 and the third season is in 2012.

I don't even plan to watch 3. season until its fully released (because I don't like to wait long time for episodes)

@bigz007 said:

@rubberluffy said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

correct me if I'm wrong but I think season one takes place in 1993-1994, season two is 2000-2002 and the third season is in 2012.

I don't even plan to watch 3. season until its fully released (because I don't like to wait long time for episodes)

No you are going by when the animations where created.

@bigz007 said:

@rubberluffy said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

So I was somewhat right. Here's the rundown, JJBA's manga is split into 8 parts and the manga has been running since 1987. The third part, Stardust Crusaders, received an adaptation of its second half in 1993, and in 2000 they animated the first half. The new anime is an adaptation of Parts 1 and 2 (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency), and is actually the first TV anime the manga has gotten. So technically the actual order is 2012 -> 2000 -> 1993, completely opposite of production dates. Yeah, it can be confusing.

@rubberluffy said:

@bigz007 said:

@rubberluffy said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

So I was somewhat right. Here's the rundown, JJBA's manga is split into 8 parts and the manga has been running since 1987. The third part, Stardust Crusaders, received an adaptation of its second half in 1993, and in 2000 they animated the first half. The new anime is an adaptation of Parts 1 and 2 (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency), and is actually the first TV anime the manga has gotten. So technically the actual order is 2012 -> 2000 -> 1993, completely opposite of production dates. Yeah, it can be confusing.

ok, thx. that helped me alot : )

I wonder if that order is supposed to be like that in the first place or the creators ran out of ideas and then decide to go step backwards to better develop the story.

@bigz007:

Part 3/Stardust Crusaders is immensely popular in Japan, so it got an anime first. It also has a fighting game made by Capcom in the late 90's that just had an HD rerelease a few months ago. Unfortunately the OVAs are pretty much an abridged version of the manga's events. A lot of it didn't make it into the OVAs. Each Part is pretty self-contained, but it all takes place in an overarching timeline dealing with the descendants of Jonathan, the hero of Part 1.

You definitely should start watching the currently airing anime. It just wrapped up Part 1/Phantom Blood in 9 episodes, and this friday Part 2/Battle Tendency starts up, which is a fan favorite but hasn't been animated before. Part1 got a movie a few years back but the rumor is that the creator of the manga, Hirohiko Araki, didn't like it so it never got a DVD release.

The new anime is only planned out to cover P1 and P2, but hopefully bluray/dvd sales give it enough boost for them to continue and give Part 3 a fuller adaptation later on.

Remember, the manga has been running since 1987 and is STILL GOING, Part 8/Jojolion just started last year. There's a LOT of JoJo for them to animate.

If this all sounds overwhelming, don't worry about it, it's not. It's just one huge big dumb story with wacky characters, crazy as hell fights and fabulous poses.

@bigz007: Part 3 was really popular so they made it an anime first.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel